Survey:What should the U.S do with Texas?

by IronGland 71 Replies latest social current

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I know what Texas can do, annex the upper Midwest and liberate us from our whiney politicians. And also teach these people up here how to cook. No matter what my neighbors say, a fast food patato lefse and lutefisk hotdish (casserole) will never be eaten outside of northern MN.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Trying to beat the responses you received on your 'Killer' thread IG?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Survey:What should the U.S do with Texas?

Give it the motto "Apostafest Captial of America"

• Xena
  • Englishman
    Englishman

I never met a Texan I didn't like instantly!

Englishman.

• IronGland
    IronGland
    There is a reason why Texas is the only state which can pull out and become it's own country.

No. Actually you can't. There was a provision in the Texas Annexation document allowing Texas to split into 5 states but:

Article IV, of the U.S. Constitution already specifically provided for the formation of new states through the junction or division of existing states:

New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.

Another Texas-related legend holds that the Texans negotiated an annexation treaty which reserved to them the right to secede from the Union without the consent of the U.S. Congress , but the terms of Texas' annexation contain no such provision. Also see: American Civil War. The Union is like the Mafia. No one gets out alive.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Why dont you like Texas?

• Sassy
    Sassy

Leave Texas just the way it is!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I heard that North and South California have been thinking about breaking into two states because of the major economic and geographic differences between the two. I think it's a good idea, but oddly enough most people reject the idea on the basis that they would not like a US flag with 51 stars on it.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Re: Survey:What should the U.S do with Texas?

Support an invasion of Mexico, and annex the remainder of that country into an even larger state. This will prevent the furthering of Mexico's state sponsored terrorism, and allow the U.S. to identify and destroy their WMD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit