Atheist/Agnostics..you'r e in good company

by badwillie 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dan
    dan

Lovely open-mindedness. It's entertaining when people say that knowing the truth and not accepting anything else is called "close-mindedness." That may be true in your little skeptical fantasyland, but if you know something is true you're not really expected to keep the door of uncertainty open for much longer. I know it's true. I will not move because I know it's true. when you know something is true you tell me how willing you are to keep trying to prove it wrong.

"If I were God I would dang sure people knew I existed instead of testing me as you are suggesting Dan."

And I thank the Lord that you are not God. It's called faith, and the Lord said He would try the faith of his people. It's funny when imperfect little humans keep trying to measure God with their tiny little human-rulers. You are powerless over everything that exists in this universe and yet you mock God for His virtues, and judge Him for making decisions that are beyond your capacity to understand.. You are the epitome of arrogance.

"I can't quite believe what I just read, Dan! I am deeply disappointed. For over twenty years I did what you are espousing. I finally decided that God was either too busy for me or run over by a truck. I think you'd be better off debating why the decimal system never really caught on."

Maybe knowing about God is worth twenty years of struggle. People back in the middle ages fought all their lives and died horrible deaths to be able to believe in God, but you don't read about them complaining. God must not be very important to you.

• dan
    dan

And I think you mean the Metric system

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit