Did You Know A "Bad" Elder or Circuit Overseer???

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Was there ever a person that you just "knew" to be a "bad guy"? I knew a CO. His name was [EDIT] Angelacos. He loved to go into congregations and remove elders. elder bodies and pioneers. It was a real power trip for him. He simply was a nasty person......Did you ever know of someone that was truly "bad"?

• Maya
    Maya

Gee, let me think.....

Well, every elder on my sister's JC was REMOVED within 2 years because they were all screwing someone else's wife.........

• minimus
    minimus

WOW! This "someone else's wife" must've been pretty hot!

• findingme
    findingme

I knew a CO in my circuit who was removed and df'd. His wife had been sick for a long time, so her female friend would help out. Well, in time, this female friend began to help the CO....sexually.

The next CO in our circuit reminded me of a fascist. One day, he visited my parents' house. My dad was at work, though, so my mom was stuck with him and his wife all by herself. The reason for his visit, supposedly, was because my dad was not a believer and my mom was an irregular publisher. Well, while he visited, he looked around the house and said: "nice house, what does your husband do for a living?" After my mom answered him, he repeated "well, nice house". My mom blurted out "thanks; it was designed by a woman.". My mom doesn't know why she felt the need to disclose that, but she said the look on his face was priceless.

This same CO was in my car group one day out in service. He asked the other brother in the car what he did for a living. "when will you retire?", the CO asked. The brother said "not for a few years, my daughter wants to go to college.". The CO and his wife dropped their jaws. I couldn't believe they had the nerve to respond that way. Did they have kids? NOOOOO. Did they have to make a living in the world?. NOOOOOO. And they had the nerve to judge a person? Why, yeeesss.

I'm feeling angry again....maybe I should stop here.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Of course I had the local bad ass elder in my hall. He was feared near and far. I remember him saying that if any of his kids got df'd, he would remove their pictures from his house. He had the connections to make anything happen.

• desib77
    desib77

findingme,

I sent you a pm.

Desi

• undercover
    undercover
    Did You Know A "Bad" Elder or Circuit Overseer???

Yes. Lots of em.

But, I knew good ones too. The fact that there are good and bad the same as in everything else shows me that the elder body does not have God's spirit any more than any other religion or group. It's just a group of men who followed the rules of the religion enough so as to get a headship role. That in itself does not mean he is good or bad.

• minimus
    minimus

In my years, I can count very few that were actually "bad" seeds. I did know that MOST COs loved being around money, fine homes and lots of material possessions.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

So many choices...so little time. In particular...the person who comes to mind is Brother Dirty Rotten Scoundrel. He raised havoc everywhere he trod. He lied to us about having a hand in the boycotting of our son's wedding (see my Topics for the full story). He had a history of harming innocent people going back about 30 years. He was a special pioneer and was engaged to a "sister" in Minnesota (now in our congregation)...then dumped her on the eve (or close to) of their wedding. His privileges were removed but he quickly wormed his way back into the graces of the Big Guys In New York and finally reached his goal of Circuit Bully Overseer. Can you imagine that he was assigned to our congregation where his former jilted fiance resided? (Now married with kids). Even my spiritually superior mother loathed him, as did many others in congregations around the circuit. (Of course, this info is just "heresay" through the JW gossip/slander grapevine; of which I confess I partook in on a regular basis...as per this posting...I'm still guilty of throwing around dirt on people who should be locked up and the key forever lost).

Actually I disliked most CO's...except for one who actually acted like a Christian should act; whatever your interpretation of that may be. And I can't even remember the guys name.

Burned and hurt by G.M. "Circuit Overseer Bully"....Cathy L.

P.S. Will this naming of names send me to prison? Arghhhhhhhhhhh...

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I have talked about this one in other postings, but still really pissed about this one. I knew many "unbalanced" elders over the years...I was having problems with elders in the last congo I attended. A new CO came to town and one of the elders asked if I would like to meet with him in regards to my non-baptized daughter getting married to someone who was not a witness, though she herself was not a witness either. I had some horrible things said to me over the situation (by the elders) and still under the impression that the CO was there to straighten out these sort of situations. He was a single man and when I met with him got the distinct impression that he really didn't like women. He actually said that he would never get married (had a disgusted look on his face when he said it). He said he wasn't ever planning on getting married--he felt that marriage was not a good idea and a very difficult situation--too many problems, neither would he ever prerform a wedding ceremony because he didn't want to be blamed for any suffering that the marriage could result in later down the line. I tried to explain to him what had happened and he was not sympathetic, but he more or less sided with the elders and acted if I should do the same. My husband was never a JW (I came into the Org after we were married). The overseer was explaining to me in regards to my affection towards my family and gave himself as an example. He told me how he had to "emotionally separate" himself from his family in order that he didn't feel so bad when they died (referring to Armegeddon). He also told me that "we also have a real concern for you that if any Grandchildren come out of this marriage that you may become attached to them." The other elder present sat there shaking his head in agreement and I wondered if this was the type of thing they talked about in their little back room meetings. (the elder told me that they had earlier met with the CO in regards to my problem)..After the CO left an elder told me he had sided with them...Basically they were telling me to cut my functional family (good marriage of several years and loving daughter) and putting pressure on me to do so and acting as if there was something wrong with me for not doing so....

This CO is still around and has a real bad attitude towards the young people too. The last talk I heard from him he was tearing everyone apart..even complaining about those who are always complaining about being tired and unwell referring to them as complainers--what a jerk...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit