Did you give your children 'Bible names'?

by nicolaou 28 Replies latest social family

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Yes,

The first named after a prominent tribe of Israel.

The second the the Hebrew word for peace.

The third we named after the city he was born in, but at least once a day I look at him and mumble to myself

JESUS CHRIST

jst2law

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

"When I was a kid, I thought my name was Jesus Christ. And my brother's name was Dammit. Every day my father would say something like, 'Jesus Christ, what did you do now?!' Then one day my father stuck his head out the back door and yelled, 'Dammit would you come in here and get out of the rain?!' I looked at him and said, 'Dad, my name is Jesus Christ.' " -- Bill Cosby, HImself

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Well, I *was* going to have a nice Biblical name, but Father put the kibosh on it and named me after my Grandmother, who is named after a goddess in Greek mythology. When I was little, I hated it. Now I think it's cool, and really *wish* I was the Goddess of War. Hehehheh. Her name was Fight For Your Country, Girl, too. <grin>

CG

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Yes, Jeszebel, Delilah, Cain, Nimrod and Satan.

• Ciara
    Ciara

I wouldn't so that to my kids unless it was some nice normal name. I was born "Esther" and I would never pass that cruelty on to my children. I had it legally changed about 5 minutes after I split from the org. and was disowned by my folks. If I'm dead to them I can pick my own damn name, right?

I also had 2 friends, fleshly brothers, who were named Zechariah and Gideon alt

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

No but if my ex had liked the name 'Chloe', I would have named my daughter that. I do not think it sounds biblical.

Cassi

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

LOL Tex, thats one of my favorite's by Bill Cosby, that and the Lamaz birth.

Cassi

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Yes, one from the Hebrew scriptures and one from the Greek.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

My kids got their names before i was a dub. the boys got bible names but nothing outrageous, and being italian/australian they work either way. my daughter has a beautiful italian name, but it is a derivative of a bible name.

cheers, Bliss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit