Did you give your children 'Bible names'?

by nicolaou 28 Replies latest social family

• nilfun
    nilfun
    Did you give your children 'Bible names'?

Yes, but they're fairly common ones.

except when they are so unusual that a child might get picked on because of their name.

Thank goodness for great middle names.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I was so given.Daniel Mark Haszard.

Daniel the great prophet.Daniel means,"God is my judge"ref;Daniel 10:11

My middle name Mark.Mark was the traveling companion of Paul and wrote the narrative by his name.

My JW parents had great aspirations for me as a goodie JW.Now i'm the"apostate with attitude".

God is still my judge.....

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

For my son, no. But my daughter, yes. In honor of my mother that was childless do to having a hysterictomy (sp?) as a result of Rhuematic Fever in her mid 20's. She prayed to Jehovah, her words not mine, that they would be able to adopt a boy. Then I came along, and they were able to adopt me. Thus my ex and I named our daughter Hannah (Heb. Grace) to honor my mother and her grandmother (my daughter never knew my mother as she died the weekend before the L.A. riots).

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Only one, Stephen, long before I became a JW, BTW! I just liked the name.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Yes, and grooooaaaan, they are unusual. Nobody can spell them, nobody can pronounce them, and they confuse them with other names that are more common. I told my kids they are welcome to legally change their names to the ones everyone calls them any way. One son is considering it, but the other likes his unusual name just fine (lots of pretty girls comment on how "original" it is, lol).

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

No. Even as a JW I didn't feel compelled to use Biblical names. Neither of my son's name are found in the Bible. I just liked them.

My siblings and I all have Biblical names except for one brother who was named before our parents became JWs. All are common names even my sister's which is actually the Spanish form of a Biblical name.

3rd

• Mulan
    Mulan

We have Stephen, Rachel and Daniel.

Our eldest is Randy...........................I don't know WHAT we were thinking!!

• Sassy
    Sassy

yes.. my oldest's name is Nicolaus. We specifically spelled it that way instead of the ordinary Nicholas beause I wanted it to come from the bible. and my middle son doesn't have a bible name but his middle name is Jamaiah, which means his life is Jehovah's.

and he was my son who looked into Satanic worship.. go figure..

• hippikon
    hippikon

yes

Pestilence

Famine

Malediction

• LukeN
    LukeN

Luke.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest