The Governing Body

by cameo 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Although many, if not not most ofthe GB are well-traveled, thanks to their ``perks" at headquarters, they invariably move exclusively among JWs, and therefore are as insular and narrow in their outlook as anyone cloistered away behind the walls of a monastery. I believe that the majority if not all, are true believers who in turn reinforce each other in their delusion, with some latent cynicism on the part of some (mainly among the survivors of the Franz/Dunlap ``witch hunt" of the early eighties).

One layer below however, it's a far different story; cynicism is much more prevalent, perhaps even pervasive, a far greater number of apparatchiks who ``know the score" and some antagonism between those factions which divide the liberals (mostly in Writing) and the conservatives in Service (currently the dominant group, led by Jaracz). It's no secret that a large number of Bethel staffers rolled their eyes in a ``here we go again" reaction to the latest (02/15) WT on ``The Faithful and Discreet Slav Passes the Test," etc. Their men in the field, District and Circuit Overseers, are as a group much more naive than the boys -- and girls -- at Bethel.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q. : Do you think the TOP MEN (the governing body) of the WTS really believe they are proclaiming the truth?? Or do you think some of them KNOW the WTS is a bunch of bunk.....and just don't care?

It is only possible to guess about such things, since the GB is effectively a secret group, not given to granting free-ranging interviews.

We do, however, have the statement of one person -- the third President of the WTB&TS, Nathan Knorr who, according to Ray Franz in his book "Crisis of Conscience" made the following statement in front of the entire Governing Body on February 19, 1975:

"There are some things I know?I know that Jehovah is God, that Christ Jesus is his Son, that he gave his life as a ransom for us, that there is a resurrection. Other things I?m not so certain about.

1914?I don?t know. We have talked about 1914 for a long time. We may be right and I hope we are."

One of our longstanding and respected friends here at JWD, Mouthy, was DISFELLOWSHIPPED because she expressed doubts about the significance of the year 1914. I don't know if Mouthy expressed her uncertainty before or after President Knorr expressed his.

The astonishing thing about the WTB&TS is that it requires the rank and file -- nder pain of disfellowshipping -- to dismiss their own rational facilities and unqustioningly and wholeheartedly accept instead the Word of the Watchtower as "present truth," even when the anonymous writers at the WTB&TS are themselves uncertain and unconvinced of the sweet-smelling smoke they blow up the asses of the rank and file.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    I don't CARE what they actually believe. I DO know that they are liars and charletans and manipulators. And shameless and unapologetic LIARS. That makes them evil. What they actually "believe" is then irrelevant, isn't it? The actual facts speak for themselves, and their beliefs do not account for anything. Their deeds count and we all know their deeds.

Farkel

Right on Farkel!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit