The Governing Body

by cameo 22 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo
    cameo

Hi,

Do you think the TOP MEN (the governing body) of the WTS really believe they are proclaiming the truth?? Or do you think some of them KNOW the WTS is a bunch of bunk.....and just don't care??

Thanks!!

• yxl1
    yxl1

In a way, I'd prefer it if they knew it was all hogwash and were just pulling a fast one. At least that way one could understand why they feel the need to distroy millions of lives for a few billion dollors. However, I honestly think that these guys DO believe that they are proclaiming the truth...and that they're gods chosen people...and that just makes it all the more frightening.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I think the top men are running a business, no more, no less. Bug

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I can believe they think it is the "Truth" just as we did at one time.

• AlanF
    AlanF

I think that most of the Governing Body are True Believers. That's what makes them particularly dangerous. That's why they refuse to listen to outside counsel. God himself is telling them what to do.

However, I think that a large fraction of the men under the GB are well aware that the religion is a sham, but because they're old men and have done nothing else in life and have nowhere to go, they stick with the program. Most of these guys know full well how unchristian the Watchtower organization really is, but because they're no longer true believers they just go along with the politics in order to survive. As practical, unchristian men, what else would they be expected to do? It's of no advantage to them to leave, and so they stay. And they do nothing that would get them booted out of Bethel by the True Believers. It's a sad life, having to pretend to be part of "God's organization" every day, while violating many of the precepts that suppposedly got them in the cult in the first place.

AlanF

• cameo
    cameo

Thanks for the replys.

Yeah, if some of the GB know the WTS is a sham, you'd think their conscience would be so troubled by the lies and deception, that they'd HAVE to give up their position on the GB. Who could live like that? Are their hearts SO HARDENED, that they no longer have a conscience?

• sf
    sf
    ...have done nothing else in life and have nowhere to go, they stick with the program. Most of these guys know full well how unchristian the Watchtower organization really is, but because they're no longer true believers they just go along with the politics in order to survive.
    what else would they be expected to do? It's of no advantage to them to leave, and so they stay.

This is the crux, as I see it too. And I hear it in the yahoo chatrooms daily: "well, what else do you and this world have to offer? What else is there for us outside Jehovah's Organization?"

This is a sad existance for sure. Yet many DO live this existance with that small hope that it is indeed The Truth and that maybe, just maybe, they will survive the myth of Armageddon and prosper in a New World Order.

Keep dreaming Ted!

sKally

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I believe they think it is the truth because they see all the rewards few JWs see. The best JWs in the world work with them. Since everyone is on their toes when the GB comes every serious problem vanishes with minimal effort. When a GB has to wait on Jehovah they don?t have to wait long. Thirty minutes or your miracle is free. If you were a GB you would think it was the true religion. It is like if you were pope wouldn't you think Catholics are the best people on earth? Every time you come around they are happy to see you, God fearing, humble, chaste?

I think the stagnation is because the WTS is an auto indoctrinating machine lead by the GC. The RF does more edict spouting than the GB any day of the week. One string is pulled by tradition, the other by pride, the other by the legal dpt, and the rest of the new light comes from the RF writers seeing Jurassic park and print dinosaurs roamed the earth 65 billion years ago (osmosis, hence all the "bans" on entertainment and higher learning). In fact the RF are infiltrating the GB Sam Herd is a great example of this.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I think they really think they've got the truth. But there may be a few that know and feel trapped in it and can't get out of all the lies.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I think it would be very hard for them to leave even if they didn't believe it. It's hard enough for a lot of people who are young and single. If you've done it for many years, and have no outside friends, and your wife would leave you, and you haven't functioned in the outside world for a long time, maybe ever, and you have no formal education, and you're of an age that it's hard to get work, it must be hard to leave, just like any corporation (only worse). I imagine more than a few stay far beyond the sell-by date out of sheer inertia, without believing a word of it anymore. And the lawyers, they know too much about the inner workings. I can't believe they buy any of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit