The Governing Body

by cameo 22 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can see all over them the fingerprints of deceit, manipulation, and conceit. If you try to tell them that certain things they believe are wrong they toss you out like a rat even if you gave decades of good service to the org and you are a fine christian. To be sure these very things they know to be wrong, but they have no wish to correct them because this would be against their interests, so it is naive to wait on them to do so, they never will.

The decent thing to do is to sit down like honourable men face to face with those objecting to their opinions and by using common sense and rational arguments endevour to convince them that they, the GB, are correct. By shunning open debate, hiding in the shadows of the head quarters, and simply damning people from there, they prove themselves to be cowardly hypocrites. They invoke the theocracy card but when did God set any humans above open debate, criticism, and correction by other humans?

It all boils down to unreasonable behaviour, mind trickery and political power games. So much knowledge they know to be good for the sheep in their care but they prefer to withhold it from them.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Alan F is on the mark! Maverick

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

I feel that they do know they're wrong, but somehow someway maybe this sytem will end soon and in that way no one willl ever find out that they were wrong, wrong about 607bce and them not being the FDS. They can't just go and admit it to everyone, they have too much to loose. I think they are playing a waiting game, to see how far they can stretch their theology and keep it going till the end does come, but has time ticks on and the world is still here it will get harder and harder.

regards Rick

• logansrun
    logansrun

Alan,

Most of these guys know full well how unchristian the Watchtower organization really is, but because they're no longer true believers they just go along with the politics in order to survive. As practical, unchristian men, what else would they be expected to do?

Would you care to define "Christian"? In my opinion, most JWs are very Christian (in the Pauline sense) in their outlook and general behavior. That's the problem.

B.

• cameo
    cameo

logansrun,

What's wrong with be Christian....."in the Pauline sense"?

• logansrun
    logansrun

cameo,

There's nothing wrong with being a Christian. If you want an absolutist, unscientific, psychologically backward worldview to dominate your thinking that's your choice.

The JWs are like branches on a rotten tree. The tree is called Christianity. The tree must be chopped down. (and let seven times pass over it)

• rekless
    rekless

Question? If they beleive they are God's channel, why do they extent their lives with medical treatments instead of letting go of life and enter into the happy publishing ground. Knorr or Franz running all over Mexico trying to be cured of cancer.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Personally, I think that the GB know it's a scam. Otherwise they wouldn't be the ones changing their stories to make their appearance look better. They are in it to collect money from the foolish and use it to invest in stocks and business ventures. If they believed it was the truth they would be living and acting according to the truth. But they don't. They change the truth to suit their needs. That means they know it's not the truth.

• AGuest
    AGuest

[know that the "Society" is a false christ]... because what those before them foretold did not come true as "prophesied"... and thus, they are still here (rather than having gone to heaven at least by "the end of the 20th century"). And some of them don't... because they are "blind" still, such blindness the result of thinking that they are "rich and in need of nothing."

For those that do... they have CHOSEN to ignore what they now know to be true... because in THEIR minds they have... [nowhere] to "go away to." Having given their lives... and what potential for a means of living they could have ever had... to that organization... they are now reliant on it for food, clothing and shelter. At age 90 and above... well, that's an easy one to figure out. The "Society" has taken VERY good care of them up to now. Excluding the fact that the Son of Man had nothing... let alone access to billions of dollars in real estate... and NOWHERE to lay HIS head... let alone cushy hotel digs and full per diem when travelling... why give that up? Who wants to give up "luxurious living in the daytime?"

For those that don't... they are still where they are because they are still trusting in themselves... which, like those before them, is how they got to the position(s) they have now in the first place: in contrast to the TEACHINGS of the WTBTS, they have decided FOR THEMSELVES they are "anointed"... rather than having been chosen by God's Son... and have seated THEMSELVES "in the seat of Moses," rather than conceding such "seat" to the Son of God.

Some of them know who they are (or rather aren't) now... and the rest of them will soon enough.

May you all have peace.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Do you think the TOP MEN (the governing body) of the WTS really believe they are proclaiming the truth?? Or do you think some of them KNOW the WTS is a bunch of bunk.....and just don't care??

That's the wrong question, I think. I don't CARE what they actually believe. I DO know that they are liars and charletans and manipulators. And shameless and unapologetic LIARS. That makes them evil. What they actually "believe" is then irrelevant, isn't it? The actual facts speak for themselves, and their beliefs do not account for anything. Their deeds count and we all know their deeds.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit