Another newbie

by myauntfanny 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• little witch
    little witch

Welcome MyAuntFanny!

Yeah, I can relate.. I was raised in the borg and have been out many years also. You are right about the comaraderie of others who have had a similar upbringing.

Being here on jwd has helped me understand just how much I was effected by the borg. Things I never realized before. I hope you enjoy your time here, and hope to hear more of your experiences, both past and present!

Little Witch

• Angharad
    Angharad

Welcome to the board

• gumby
    gumby
    and that was 30 years ago

Jesus!

I've only been out 10 and I thought my brain was turning somewhat normal! I still have another 20 to go....and I'll still feel the effects!

Welcome to the board.....it's a long flight!

Gumby

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome MyAuntFanny! Thats a cool name. Any reason behind it?

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Hi Gumby

I've only been out 10 and I thought my brain was turning somewhat normal! I still have another 20 to go....and I'll still feel the effects!

Gosh, now I feel bad, I've only been on here a day and I'm already depressing people. Well, take heart, there is a good possibility that my brain was abnormal to start with. Can't blame the Borg for everything, right?

Strawberryfieldsforever

It's a euphemism for "my ass", as in "New Light, my ass". Instead you say, "New Light, my aunt fanny". It's a sort of old-fashioned expression of skepticism that I like to use when I'm feeling too polite to come right out and mention my actual ass. It doesn't work at all as a euphemism with Brits, since to them fanny is even worse than ass. Can't please everybody, though.

Actually, I sort of regret the name now. It sounds kind of frivolous (must remember, now I'm allowed to be frivolous). I never can think of a good alias when the box pops up.

• gumby
    gumby
    Gosh, now I feel bad, I've only been on here a day and I'm already depressing people. Well, take heart, there is a good possibility that my brain was abnormal to start with. Can't blame the Borg for everything, right

You didn't make me feel bad.....I'm happy I survived and learned something.

It doesn't matter if your out 2 months or 20 years......if the borg still holds captive those you love, and your friends, you will never forget it and you will be affected by it. This Organisation is malignant, especially for those raised in it, or have family still in. Some scars remain forever.......but at least they are scars and not freshly opened wounds.

Gumby

• little witch
    little witch

Myauntfanny, I had never heard that before. Dont you change a thing, that is just too funny!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Frivolous my ass. I think your alias is right on. Welcome myauntfanny.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Welcome, myauntfanny! Love that explanation of the name. HAHAHAHAHA

Looking forward to your experiences.

• a wee scots lass
    a wee scots lass

I agree with you all - you don't realise how much it affects you until you read and can relate to how other people were affected.

Myauntfanny - Welcome and I hope you enjoy this site. I am still very new to it myself but have really enjoyed it. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly - a great bunch of people!

Kind Regards

L

PS you are right about us Scots & brits - fanny is much worse than ass but oh so funny - LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit