Another newbie

by myauntfanny 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Hi everyone

I just wanted to introduce myself before launching myself at the various threads. I left when I was 14 and that was 30 years ago, I thought I was well over it but when I read some of the postings on here they really got to me. There are definitely long term effects. Anyway, I'll be seeing you all around.

Cheers

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome aboard auntfanny! Hope you get lots out of this message board!

• Valis
    Valis

Welcome to the board auntfanny!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Bryan
    Bryan

Have a seat auntfanny.

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your flight!

Bryan

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the forum, Fanny!!

That someone like you has been a non-JW for 3 decades and was only exposed to the inculcation (wait, make that inundation!) of WT Society babble for a short period during childhood-- and STILL feels it -- shows it's not so easy to "just get over it". It's great to have forums like this where we can unload a bit, and relate to others who were inundated with babble just like we were!

This site is a great help to de-compress from all that babble! It helps us to come to terms with what they subjected us to in that so-called religion.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Hi there,

Like you I am also new so I look forward to seeing you around.

BM

• Sassy
    Sassy

Welcome to the board myauntfanny! We look forward to getting to know you

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Thanks all. I've been reading all these welcome threads on here and I wanted one of my own!

I don't know if I'm over it or not. I live a pretty normal life (I think) but you know, I saw a couple JWs yesterday and I still got that kind of electrified fear feeling. I still get a little nauseated when I see a KH. Well, it's not overwhelming, I don't need meds or anything. I guess that means I'm over it. The real reason I wanted to get on here is because while I was lurking I realised, you can have the most normal looking life in the world, and that's great, having non-JW friends and all; but nobody except another JW can really understand what it means to have been raised or have spent a significant chunk of your life in the Borg. I wish something like this board had been around 30 years ago.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome! Maverick

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome to the board. I agree that this board is a good dose of therapy.

cj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit