What is the "Sacred Secret"?

by goddess_baal 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• goddess_baal
    goddess_baal

It's been about four years since I attended the KH, and I'm amazed to realize just how many of the doctrines I have forgotten.

I don't have the literature at my disposal anymore (or maybe I'm just too lazy), and the phrase "sacred secret" just popped into my head yesterday. Wasn't it one of the J-dub teachings of some sort? What was it? (I remember asking my mom when I was a little girl, and I seems to me that she had trouble explaining it herself.)

Just curious if anyone remembers this from their studies.

*goddess_baal*

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................its a secret.

btw, welcome to the board.

• Puternut
    Puternut

The knowledge that god will aid and bless you, provided you have an intimate relationship with him.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I seem to remember this "sacred secret" being about Jesus and how he was used by God to deliver mankind, and/or about the anointed ones and how they are used by God to aid in the eternal salvation of believers.

But the real "sacred secret" is how the Brooklyn headquarters can keep so many loyal adherents for so long!! They're pretty good at that, you've got to give them that.

• Valis
    Valis

isn't this akin to gnosticism and the belief that spiritual freedom lie in attaining gnosis or the understanding of "spiritual secrets"? I am no Gumbible, but just chucking in my two farthings.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gumby
    gumby

You buncha rusty old bastards.......step aside and let mr. brains remind you bastards!

The sacred secret was the kingdom in the hands of jesus. It was a "saced secret" throughout the ages till Jesus came........then it wasn't a secret anymore. The O.T. jews.....AND the early diciples, didn't understand the workings of the kingdom as some thought it to be earthly.

It's no longer a secret. It's the same as "nobody knows the day or hour"....only Jehovah. The dubs say that was then. Jesus NOW knows the day and hour. Same explanation

*JCanon gets all jealous*

Gumby

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Thanks for reminding me lol. It was a big deal, and if I recall correctly, all ultra-spiritual witnesses think they know, but none of them have the same answer. I got an answer once that satisfied me, but I've long since forgotten what it was.

• goddess_baal
    goddess_baal

LOL @ Joyzabel. :)

And thank you Gumby (and everyone else).....it seems to me that explanation makes sense with what I (vaguely) remember. Does the Bible even use that specific terminology (sacred secret).....or is it just a NWT thing?

*goddess_baal*

• |3i|3lE
    |3i|3lE

Goddess:

Yes actually the Bible does speak of the "Sacred Secret." translated from the Greek word mysterion. As a matter of fact there are many scriptures that pertain to and have that specific terminology. Here are a few examples.(again I'm not sure which translation your familiar with but here where this terminology lies in mine, if you have a different rendering let me know).

1st Corinthians 2:1,6-10, Mark 4:11, Matthew 13:11-13, Luke 8:10, Ephesians 6:19.

There are a multitude more but those are good ones to start with. There are a few sacred secrets such as the Sacred Secret of the Good News spoken of in Eph up there, and also the Sacred Secret of the Christ, and another is of course the Sacred Secret of God. The Greek word, though, denotes that you cannot gain knowledge of these unassisted, but that the understanding can only be realized through God's Holy Spirit or active force. It's quite interesting when you get into it, you should make it a point of study to refresh your memory. : )

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Just curious if anyone remembers this from their studies.

Are you talking about the "mystery" doctrine? If you are, I can elucidate.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit