What is the "Sacred Secret"?

by goddess_baal 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Satanus
    Satanus

Paul babbled on about sacred secrets (wt bible) or mysteries. Here is the life after death mystery, although he fumbles this one too. He was copying/competing w the greek dionysian mysteries and the roman mithraic mysteries.

*** Rbi8 1 Corinthians 15:50-51 ***

. 51

Look! I tell YOU a sacred secret: We shall not all fall asleep [in death], but we shall all be changed,

Or, as the nrsv puts it:

51 Listen, I will tell you a mystery! We will not all die, but we will all be changed,
    52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
    53 For this perishable body must put on imperishability, and this mortal body must put on immortality.

SS

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Try this on for size: The secret is that you are sacred.

We don't think along these lines do we? The typical religious sheep mentality is kind of like Wayne and Garth in the movie Wayne's World bowing down saying "We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're dumb, we suck..." Somehow we buy into this idea that you need these so called experts when it comes to spirituality, and of course that's what religion is all about.

So here's one that will speak to the sci-fi geeks out there, but the point is clear enough even if you're not into sci-fi: In one of the Star Trek movies, they encounter this entity which they believe is God, and all the sudden captain Kirk inquires: "What does God need with a starship?" So I say what does God need with an organization, a religion, or anything? Or what do you need to be spiritual/know God or whatever?

But if we want to just analyze information, there's already some replies for that.

• shamus
    shamus

It horrifies me to remember things like the sacred secrment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit