Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-18-04 WT Study

by blondie 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

As always, your hard work is much appreciated. I have really started looking forward to this post every week. :)

SLM

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Thanks Blondie for all your hard work here. I still want to keep abreast as to what is going on in the Org. I still in there and family and want to know how far and in what direction they are being lead--it may help me to be able to help them someday. Besides that your WT studies are way more interesting than any I had ever experienced at the KH.

Thanks again,

Cybs

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Wow,

Great post as usual Blondie!

You said:

Remember to ask who were these slaves after 100 CE and until 1879 when the FDS, Charles Taze Russell (according to his followers) appeared.

Also, make sure you ask WHO exactly it was that "passed the torch" to Russell.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks grows1,

As always, I am never disappointed by your disections of the study material

I try to let the WTS dissect their own statements.

RR,

Actually, I studied the WT just as closely when I was a "good" JW. I started my reviews for my own education long before posting here. It is one the reasons I no longer attend. Reading the WTS publications from pre 1950 (not on WT-CD) was eye-opening When I did attend, many JWs told me that they looked forward to my comments at the WT study; it made it less boring. Of course, it didn?t take much to do that. 99% of the JWs either read their answer word for word from the paragraph, "regurgitation," or they switch the words around a little. The WT says, the paragraph says, the "slave" says, prefaces their answers. When asked what religion I was, even when attending the KH, I always said I was a Christian. I really never was a "good" JW.

Exjdub,

I am glad somebody has the patience, cuz I don't anymore. Studying the Revelation book cured me of that! Nice work!

That?s because the WTS had people study their publication not the Bible book, Revelation. Few JWs can say they studied the Bible, only the WTS publications. I am burnt out on the book of Revelation myself. It may take 20 years before I want to go there again.

Elsewhere,

They have gone TOTALLY insane!!!

Unfortunately, they are totally serious and sane. It would be interesting to talk to some of the "writers" at Bethel and see what they personally believe. They too have to support the company line. That?s why they cut and paste so much.

Flash,

Maalox does the trick for me. It does get hard sometimes. Next week it will be a little more fluffy.

I appreciate your taking the time (and Tums) to do these Threads. Your comments are both insightful and funny!

Funny? Me funny? I have been accused of being sarcastic. I prefer satirical.

These applications are PURE Speculation! (pps 15,16)

The WTS is so arrogant they don?t even pretend to support their statements scripturally. Once erroneously establishing themselves as the FDS, they don?t have to explain how these scriptures apply. Some of the same reasoning made 1874 the presence of Jesus, 1881 when they would go to heaven and when the calling would end, and 1914 the culmination of the time of the end (1799 the beginning) climaxed with Armageddon.

Maverick,
    since the WTS is not Christian

All you have to do is compare how often "Jehovah" is used to "Jesus Christ" and how Jesus is always just a secondary supporter, low on the totem pole. Rutherford chose a name that was applied to the Jews not Christians, Isaiah 43:10,11, "Jehovah?s witnesses." If the FDS are the only spiritual Israelites, where does that leave the other sheep/great crowd in the application? They aren?t even JWs. The NT never mentions "Jehovah?s witnesses" only witnesses for Jesus.

Rbi8 Acts 1:8

but YOU will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon YOU, and YOU will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·de´a and Sa·mar´i·a and to the most distant part of the earth."

Rbi8 Revelation 1:9

I John, YOUR brother and a sharer with YOU in the tribulation and kingdom and endurance in company with Jesus, came to be in the isle that is called Pat´mos for speaking about God and bearing witness to Jesus.

OHD,

Meticulous, not as meticulous as I would like. I just skim through what I can do in a week. An aspect of a high control group is to control information, even re-write history. That is why the WTS fits the Orwellian concept so well.

The WTS will never change, just keep re-inventing itself for the new people that come in as the older ones leave or die off.

SLM,

I feel a little pressure now (smile).

I have really started looking forward to this post every week. :)

I?m sure it is more entertaining the WTS ever was; but I don?t have to try too hard. The history of the WTS enlightens the words in the WT today.

Cyber-sista,
    I still in there and family and want to know how far and in what direction they are being lead--it may help me to be able to help them someday. Besides that your WT studies are way more interesting than any I had ever experienced at the KH.

As a fellow fader, I understand. The point that convinced me was the lack of Christian love, not just with a few but with the majority, how the foundation of the WTS is without love. I learned through my own experiences over the last 40 years in over 15 congregations in 10 states and 2 countries. The more things changed, the more they stayed the same.

Hi Undifellowshipped (glad to see you back)

Also, make sure you ask WHO exactly it was that "passed the torch" to Russell.

That will disturb those sincere JWs who try to find an answer. Perhaps plant a seed of doubt.

Blondie

Good observations, everyone.

• dustyb
    dustyb

i just wanted to put in my two cents...this whole article tries to lie about the watchtower's past and put a cover over all of their lies and deceptions and "old truths" and lies and such......

• Flash
    Flash
    It would be interesting to talk to some of the "writers" at Bethel and see what they personally believe.

This has been a point of contention for me for a long time. The WTS is sure interested to know who the human authors of the bible were, but when it comes time to accredit their own publications authorship is deemed un-important under the guise of humility!!

• Odrade
    Odrade

whew, that was a long one! and may I just say: BWAHAHAHAHA! omg, they are nutz! Another scintillating example of circular reasoning brought to you by the WTBTS.

Thanks Blondie.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have a confession to make to all on this board - -I just attended this WT study and I commented --there was so much FDS ass-kissing it made me want to vomit -- I really do deserve congratulations though -- for how I managed to sit through this self-congratulatory/mastubatory bullshit, with a straight-face -- I do not know --all congratulations gratefully received

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

BTW Blondie thanks again for all your hard-work and research -I for one, really appreciate it, and I am sure I speak for the majority on this board -so do we all

• Flash
    Flash
    I have a confession to make to all on this board - -I just attended this WT study and I commented

OK, now say a good Act of Contrition and 10 Hail Mary's

there was so much FDS ass-kissing it made me want to vomit -- I really do deserve congratulations though

I have to admit, you, Blondie and everyone else who can read, attend or both do deserve a 'pat on the back.' I'd like to know what their up too but I can't stomach it directly anymore! It really makes me sick!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit