Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-18-04 WT Study

by blondie 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Nobody passed anything to Russell the WTS said those two weeks ago. The FDS a FDS regardless of who teaches them which is funny, but it is a watertight rationalization. It also mean you don?t need the WTS spiritual food because it does not matter where you get it. The funny thing for thinking people is how the WTS will further weaken its position with each revision and the RF ignores it. To a point in this later revision the great crowd is sort of ?chillin? with the watchtower and not really connected.

I love all this new history BTW. It is what comic book writers do. After a series goes a long time they have to recon it to cover up plot hole or make the old characters more marketable.

Did anyone notice how this takes the burden off of "Christendom" and puts the anonymous and ubiquitous "evil slave" in the cross hairs? So theoretically a member of Christendom is not as bad as an anointed "evil slave" that burdens the watchtower with asking for "oil".

• heathen
    heathen

Those sure are some far reaching conclusions . Are you telling me they actually take responsibility for being identified as the evil slave ? or was that a comment made by blondie ? How the hell does someone like freddy franz qualify if all he did was recognize the fallacies in the religion and the constant lack of spirit direction ? I've never read crissis of conscience myself so not totally up on the freddy franz situation .

• blondie
    blondie
    this whole article tries to lie about the watchtower's past and put a cover over all of their lies and deceptions and "old truths" and lies and such......

dustyb, probably the biggest lie the WTS tells, IMO, the easiest to prove in this article is the one that the WTS has always taught that Jesus? presence began in 1914 (not 1874 as they taught until 1943).
    The WTS is sure interested to know who the human authors of the bible were, but when it comes time to accredit their own publications authorship is deemed un-important under the guise of humility!!

Flash

, they don?t want people to know a) how little if any involvement any member of the GB has in the development of any WT article, b) how many (30 or more) of the non-anointed brothers at Bethel are involved. I swear there is a brother just in charge of commas, one for periods, one for paragraph indentations. I also know that one brother makes a change and another comes by and puts it back. The brother(s) in charge of resource citations has been falling down on the job lately.

Odrade

Another scintillating example of circular reasoning brought to you by the WTBTS.

I think that most JWs are aware of this subliminally and wonder why they leave knowing less than they came in.

Stil

l, be careful
    for how I managed to sit through this self-congratulatory/mastubatory bullshit, with a straight-face -- I do not know --all congratulations gratefully received

You are losing brain cells every time you do this. I recommend you always read my review before going if you have to. Otherwise, bring the Message Bible and read it instead.

Flash

, I inoculate myself by reading the flip-flip doctrines before I start doing my review.
    So theoretically a member of Christendom is not as bad as an anointed "evil slave" that burdens the watchtower with asking for "oil".

Good points, XQs. But just as dead at Armageddon. The difference is that any unrepentant evil slave that dies before Armageddon is viewed as going into "Gehenna," eternally destroyed just like Judas (per the WTS).

Heathen,

Are you telling me they actually take responsibility for being identified as the evil slave

No, the WTS points to the Bible Students who left before 1935 and any anointed JWs who work against the WTS since then. The Bible Students that left the WTS don?t view themselves as the evil slave but as the ones who have upheld true teachings. Based on Rutherford?s actions in 1917-8, he was the one that pulled away from the Bible Students as a case of control not doctrine.

Blondie

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

GOOD TO GO BRAVO BLONDIE!

Hail to blondie for your efforts and deep research.

We are kindred spirits.I spent tens of thousands of hours over a 6 year period,to memorize over 2,000 scriptures by rote.

My earnest soulful yearning was to able to wield the word of God alive for the betterment of myself and others.

All the jealous elders did was trash me for it.

• blondie
    blondie

Danny, you put me to shame. 2,000 scriptures.....

I am just a pebble in the pond.

Blondie

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Wow, thanks Blondie! I really enjoyed reading about this study.

Translation: the evil slave is anybody who doesn't agree with us, and they don't agree with us, not because we are full of BS, but because what they really don't like is going in field service. That was the whole reason the evil slave decided to become evil, not because of failed prophesy. You don't want to be an evil slave, do you? Then you better get back to business!

How ridiculous. And to think a few years ago, this stuff just would have made me feel bad. Now, seeing it for what it truly is, what a great feeling!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Blondie, thank you for making sense of a completely illogical Watchtower Study.

If you really want to bugger the whole thing up, change the last sentence in the study:

May all of us, then, take to heart Jesus’ words: "This Generation will by no means pass away until all things have occurred."
  • OHappyDay
    OHappyDay
    Good points, XQs. But just as dead at Armageddon. The difference is that any unrepentant evil slave that dies before Armageddon is viewed as going into "Gehenna," eternally destroyed just like Judas (per the WTS).

What unmitigated gall, to say that anyone will be destroyed forever for disregarding the speculations of a mere group of men!

Especially speculations that change with the drop of a hat!

• heathen
    heathen

3 Before 1914, many members of the faithful slave class had high hopes of meeting with the Bridegroom in heaven that year, but their hopes were not fulfilled. As a result of this and other developments (it is no accident the WTS leaves out the specifics here), many were disappointed and a few became embittered. Some of these turned to ?beating? their former brothers verbally and consorting with "confirmed drunkards," religious groups of Christendom.?Isaiah 28:1-3, 32:6.

How could I have missed that , hmmmmmmmmm instead of taking the blame for false prophesy they blame the RF . The WTBTS were the ones who said the master is delaying and began to make it look like it was everybody elses fault . So who was verbally abusing who here? After all the scripture says that it is the the faithful slave being held accountable and we all know that it's the WTBTS that claims that possition and not the rank and file . I said on another thread that I think the WTBTS needs to show some humility but instead we get more self righteous crap .

• Flash
    Flash

Flash, they don?t want people to know a) how little if any involvement any member of the GB has in the development of any WT article, b) how many (30 or more) of the non-anointed brothers at Bethel are involved.

Blondie

If this is the case (and I don't doubt you), things are much worse than I feared!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit