Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-18-04 WT Study

by blondie 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Itsallgoodnow,

I have met Bible Students and attendied a congregation. While door to door is not mandated, they are thriving and increasing. One of the pastors had been communicating by email with a man on the west coast. This man moved his whole family to the midwest to go to that church. They have many ways of talking to people about the Bible, much more effective than the fruitless DTD process. They actually study the Bible, not a publication on several week nights. Women speak from the platform (this is a more liberal group). When a speaker comes from far away, the congregation has a potluck at the church immediately after.

Translation
    the evil slave is anybody who doesn't agree with us, and they don't agree with us, not because we are full of BS, but because what they really don't like is going in field service.

Nosf,

Blondie, thank you for making sense of a completely illogical Watchtower Study.
    If you really want to bugger the whole thing up, change the last sentence in the study:
    May all of us, then, take to heart Jesus? words: "This Generation will by no means pass away until all things have occurred."

Wow, I made sense of a WT study?maybe pointed out the nonsense, but I do not have the power of the resurrection. (smile)

OHD,

What unmitigated gall, to say that anyone will be destroyed forever for disregarding the speculations of a mere group of men!
    Especially speculations that change with the drop of a hat!

Yes, the WTS loves to judge groups and individuals. That is something I found the Bible Students do not do. No one has been consigned to Gehenna.

Heathen,

many members of the faithful slave class had high hopes of meeting with the Bridegroom in heaven that yea

Yes, that is why I put the WT quote in there to show that it was the ones in charge that gave the rank and file that hope.

Flash,

things are much worse than I feared!

Yes, the inmates are in charge of the asylum. There are no anointed writers. Reading COC etc, you see that few GB were qualified to write anything and did not want to. Even less, are qualified now. They are "measuring themselves by themselves" by researching the WTS publications, not the Bible.

Making photocopies constantly from the previous copy?.

Blondie

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LOL ,and Prince said he liked the JW way of looking at things from a simple and clear persepective........geeeeeeeshhhhh......

I would rather go to the dentist,,,,,and that is saying alot,,, than to listen to the explanations the WT gives for ever little corrupt thing they do.

Thanks Blondie for always reminding us how insane the WT was , is and always will be.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    I learned through my own experiences over the last 40 years in over 15 congregations in 10 states and 2 countries. The more things changed, the more they stayed the same.

Wow Blondie, I did not realize you had that much experience in the jw religion. You've pretty much "seen it all".

• waiting
    waiting
    I appreciate your taking the time (and Tums) to do these Threads. Your comments are both insightful and funny! - flash

Funny? Me funny? I have been accused of being sarcastic. I prefer satirical. - blondie

I prefer thinking of you as satirical too.

Actually, I don't read these (sorry) as a general rule as I'm tired of the WT bs....droning on & on & on. But your concise breakdown of this century-old bull is quite good......albeit a satirical delivery.

Glad I clicked on & I too have joined the ranks of others saying "Thanks, Blondie, for all your hard work!"

• heathen
    heathen

OHHHHH and let me guess , rather than show some humility they blamed it on the state of imperfection . It's like saying we can publish anything we want and retract whatever statements that don't live up to our expectations but it's all part of Gods plan anyway so it doesn't make us false religion. Then when others point out the obvious and critique this arrangement they attempt to play jesus christ and throw people under the bus (so to speak). I think I'm finally starting to understand the mentallity of these people . They are like a 2yr old bratt who doesn't know how to play well with others and thinks all the toys in the play room are there for them so they can take it away from whoever they want whenever they want and play bully.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

How can they consider themselves so faithful after having been in bed for 10 years (?) with the UN???!!!

DY

• Flash
    Flash
    They are "measuring themselves by themselves" by researching the WTS publications, not the Bible.

That explains why they started quoting themselves in their publications. When I first saw that many years ago, I thought, 'What???' I knew they had desended farther, I just didn't know why...Now I know. Thanks.

• lurk
    lurk

i feel very frothy reading all this

• lurk
    lurk

The idea that jehovah has a lie taught(1914 end of world) to get rid of the ppl who it stumbles is terrible.(cause it to be preached-proclaimers book?)

The idea that jehovah let his servant the WTS believe in that lie so as to teach it to others who will be dammed if they dont except it and dammed if they leave when it doesnt happen is disgusting and somthing you would expect from satan.

The idea that god did this on top of telling all men not to say when the end is coming because no man knows not even the son makes god out to be one nasty mind twisting peice of work.

the WTS seems willing to slander jehovah in order to be in charge and to be right.

and they have the cheek to sneer at the pope

Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-11-04 (week of 4/5-11/2004) WT Study (March 1, 2004 WT)

Well, might the term "faithful and discreet slave" apply
    in a general sense to each individual Christian? It is true
    that all Christians must be faithful and discreet; however,
    Jesus clearly had something more in mind when he spoke of "the
    faithful and discreet slave." How do we know that? Because he

Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-18-04 (week of 4/12-18, 2004) WT Study (March 1, 2004 issue)

12 After illustrating discretion, Jesus went on to illustrate
    faithfulness. He said: "It is just as when a man, about to travel
    abroad, summoned slaves of his and committed to them his belongings.
    And to one he gave five talents, to another two, to still another
    one, to each one according to his own ability, and he went abroad."
    (Matthew 25:14,15) The man in the parable is Jesus himself, who
    "went abroad" when he ascended to heaven in the year 33 CE. But
    before his ascension, Jesus committed "his belongings" to his
    faithful disciples. How?
    said that the "master on arriving" would appoint the slave "over
    all his belongings." How could each individual Christian be placed
    over everything?over "all" of the Lord?s belongings? Impossible!

there are lots of slaves here and since no one individual can be the
    slave who are the rest of these slaves who all seem approved of in the talents parable?

.I showed the original article to an older friend who had studied in 1970 i then photocopied proof that they had said all this stuff . she couldnt belive that this was the same society who she had studied with but she does belive it now.

Blondie i have to say a big thank you today.dispite all the proof of the WTS lies , i still get torn apart by huge feelings of guilt and remorse .your article helped me to face this week knowing they have done wrong and i am not the one at fault for no longer seeing them as gods servant.

thanks

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Good work on a tough doctrine that the GOVERNING BODY, non - anointed wrote.

Not only 30 something non - anointed brothers, but some SISTERS proof read the articles too!

I know of at least one sister who worked in the proof - reading department when we visited Bethel some time ago.And this sister was the wife of the presiding overseer in our congregation.

What it was that she was actually reading as proof was not the teachings as you dissected, but if they were crossing the T's and dotting the I's.Then mark corrections on the print.Then the brother's would double check her proofs not the teaching!

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit