...and all this time I thought it was over

by arrowstar 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

(((((((((((((((Lisa))))))))))))))) I'm sorry that this person took advantage of you and didn't know the meaning of the word no.. even if you didn't spell it out, your body language was saying it. Do not think you are not strong. You are. Last night may not have been the night for it to shine, but we see strength in you. It sounds like you and I have a similar background. I know about abuse and I am sorry that you have experienced it too.. Listen to what Lee mentioned above.. believe in yourself.. we do.. and we are here for you

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

((((( Lisa ))))) I am shocked, outraged, and very sorry this happened to you.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Lisa))))) Don't EVER see this man again!!!!! This was NOT your fault! I'll call you tonight.

Love,

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Oh my God Lisa, I am so very sorry to hear this. What happened is not your fault. What happened, and how you are feeling is NOT your fault.

Lady Lee is right about past abuse triggering a response. If you have experienced ugliness in your past, it has a way of popping back up when you least expect it and coming out in ways you cannot predict. That part I understand all too well. Be preapred for a great deal of shame, as that often is the backwash of a triggered experience. But that shame does not belong to you, rather to him and to your past. It is so easy to get into a spiral of shame and not be able to get out for a while.

One way that abuse survivors are taught to break out of this mode is to expel the air that we are holding in with a strong and loud "NO!"

You are a survivor. You are a strong woman, with a high intellect and a will to find a better life. You will get through this. Breathing is very important, be aware in taking regular breaths it will help ground you in the present.

Best advice ever given to my on this board came from one of the most kind and wise people here:

>Breathe in <
    >Breathe out <

>Breathe in <
    >Breathe out <

It's okay Lisa, you're among friends here.

Chris

• Odrade
    Odrade

right there with you, (((Lisa)))

• onacruse
    onacruse

((Lisa))

You took no objections to what I posted, but considering the posts that followed mine, I must add my apologies if in any way I seemed to diminish the impact of what you (and many others) have been, and are going, through.

I'm sure Chris won't mind if I share this bit of personal conversation: His posts about abuse issues touch my heart in a way that I simply can't respond: never been there, don't have a clue.

I can only hope that my very meager efforts to support (such as it may be) ladies (and gentlemen) as you are, may be of some small value.

Craig

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

(((Lisa)))

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((((((((((((Lisa))))))))))))))

Girl, you are a strong woman, the guy was a creap! Do what you have to do to get him out of your life, that will help you gain your confidence back.

Take care of yourself, it's not your fault, you will be okay!

Hugs lovely woman!

Kate

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

(((Lisa)))

Damn.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

((((Lisa)))) I know how you feel sweet heart. I won't get into my history, this is about you, but I can say that it's a very difficult thing you're going through, and my heart is with you. Take care of yourself, love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit