How can Jesus be God since he referred to the Father as "my God"

by hooberus 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• herk
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Herk,

Thank you for your response. "Picking up your bat and ball" and going home is not the answer, nor that intended as a solution in my remarks.

Nor was it based on my own personal preferences. I know Undis and hooberus have posted plenty on the topic - you will notice that I remarked that there seem to have been an abundance of threads on the topic in recent months and that IMO it's the Gospel that wins people and not the Trinity. I also haven't made any statement one way or the other in favor of their contentions or not. If they're preoccupied with the Trinity too, then I'm sure they might note my remarks as well. My point was over the nature of your cartoons and so many of them! BTW who drew them? Was it you? If so, you're a master illustrator but I feel they often paint as distorted a picture as the WTS does at times!!

Now I leave us to the original question: How can Jesus be God since he referred to the Father as "my God" ?

Cheers, Ozzie

• herk
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Herk,

since a lot more is involved than I care to explain

I gotta tell ya, that's what worries me!

Ozzie

• herk
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Herk,

I do it in collaboration with other non-trinitarians

Can you see that this should be of concern ? We know that spamming is not permitted but what about using a db for the promotion of a cause, no matter what it might be? If those cartoons are the result of some organised campaign, they certainly shouldn't be used on JWD.

Ozzie

• herk
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Herk,

All my posts are my own. Any help I get from others is in the matter of how to improve a drawing of my design.

Then why the hell didn't you say so before? I asked and you evaded the question. Take your bat and ball if you like but that's not the way to counter the so-called Trinitarian debate, is it?

I came here with the thought of being with other ex-JWs with whom I could share some camaraderie in my old age, and I'm getting hints that I ought to go

Cut the crap, Herk! You 'signed up' in November 2002 and have made just over 800 posts, 400 of which are in the past three months on Trinitarian topics. That's got nothing to do with "shar(ing) some camaraderie in my old age".

Now calm down, and stop fooling yourself. You don't fool me. You have an agenda plain and simple.

Ozzie

• Simon
    Simon

awe ... poor widdle herk has just PM'd me that he's leaving

In his usual pattern, he has removed the posts when losing the argument.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Reason seems to have flown out the window. Now the thread looks even worse!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit