Another JW Questions 1914 At The Meeting!!!

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Here's something to know too.....This guy left after 1975 for 20 years because he felt he was duped......It's just a matter of time.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Loyal submission, in recognition, this to our God we owe, he gives protection, tender affection, loyalty to him we show

Loyalty means you can not ask questions they do not want you to --

• City Fan
    City Fan
    'Hold on a second while I get out my calculator and accompaning diagram'

Very funny Chevy, I liked that.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

look at this kind of numerology and wonder how anyone could believe it. In the field of physics, different people working on the same problem will always come up with the same answer.

Yeah. And ya gotta wonder about a god who "reveals" his message and timeframes in such a manner.

I still recall my mother, who was a C student at best, confidently explaining the 1914 numerology; flipping from Ezekeil, to Proverbs, to Daniel, to Revelation, to Psalms (whereever the "day for a year" principle came in) then back to Revelation, hitting Mark through John also, i think. I never understood exactly how the plan all came together. Nor did I want to. I couldn't explain it to anyone, with a straight face that is.

• undercover
    undercover
    ...This guy left after 1975 for 20 years because he felt he was duped......

And he went back??

• blondie
    blondie

Proclaimers book 632 28 Testing and Sifting From Within
    Based on the premise that events of the first century might find parallels in related events later, they also concluded that if Jesus? baptism and anointing in the autumn of 29 C.E. paralleled the beginning of an invisible presence in 1874, then his riding into Jerusalem as King in the spring of 33 C.E. would point to the spring of 1878 as the time when he would assume his power as heavenly King.

Maybe he was reading his Proclaimers book or my review????

Blondie

• Panda
    Panda

You know what...my dad went back to smoking after quitting for 10 years... maybe the WTS is the same kind of fix?

• minimus
    minimus

I do wonder why some people go back. They must secretly WANT to believe it's the troof.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

In the light of these corrected tables of Bible chronology, it could be seen that previous use of the dates 1873 and 1878, as well as related dates derived from these on the basis of parallels with first century events, were based on misunderstandings. ?? ( what! ) So 1914 which is a related date is a misunderstanding!

From proclaimers footnote, page 633.Ask them to explain this one right out of the book!

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

But the lite keeps getting brighter!......Who cares, as long as the Miller Lite is cold!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit