Another JW Questions 1914 At The Meeting!!!

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My mother told me that a regular pioneer in his 60's from a nearby Hall questioned how we could be sure 1914 was the date Christ was enthroned as king of the kingdom. He questioned the brother conducting the meeting for field service. It didn't go well......He left that Hall and is reported Missing In action!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

dun, dun, dun, dun, another one bites the dust

and another one's gone and another one's gone, another one bites the dust

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ohhhh nooooo! They aren't a Cult!!! They allow everyone to think and speak freely!!!

It's amazing, they have "Audience Participation" and "Question and Answer" sessions... only the wrong questions and answers are not tolerated.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask
    It's amazing, they have "Audience Participation" and "Question and Answer" sessions... only the wrong questions and answers are not tolerated.

This is a powerful tool for them, it gives the appearance for an open discussion, so it reinforces that notion in the minds of the believers while at the same time they have been conditioned to toe the party line and have a gripping fear of deviating from it.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Amen Random!! You are right on point with this comment

• heathen
    heathen

well I can imagine . The whole WTBTS claim stems from their belief that judah fell to babylon in 607 bce of which no other source can confirm then we have to take the seven times in Daniel ( which is really talking about 7 yrs.) and multiply it by 360 . Wow it's so friggen simple to understand this , what's the matter with you people !!!

• TD
    TD

Sounds like the blind leading the blind in JW-land. They actually believe that there was a 3 1/2 year "interregnum" corresponding to the length of Christ's eartly ministry between his "arrival" in the latter part of 1914 and his enthronement as king in the early part of 1918.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I look at this kind of numerology and wonder how anyone could believe it. In the field of physics, different people working on the same problem will always come up with the same answer.

When it comes to bible numerology, 1000 people will come back with 1000 different answers.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Householder says: 'Why do you believe the year 1914 was when Jesus began reigning?'

ME: 'Hold on a second while I get out my calculator and accompaning diagram'

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Well its simply because they had the answer before they knew how to explain it. I mean first it was the great pyramid, (well and several other dates in the 1800's as well) But then we settled on 1914 and now we have to find a way to explain it. Its not as if they did all this reasearch and came up with 1914, they came up with 1914 and then did the research.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit