When It Rains, It Pours.......

by Sentinel 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

(((Thank you, everyone))) Your kind words and hugs and love are very important to me. Sassy, what you said might be true. She did know about my husband's upcoming surgery. My brother told me the reason she gave him for not contacting her three daughters: "I didn't want to worry them". Perhaps this is true, but she still has two other daughters to consider. I am the oldest.

I have continued to write her cards and letters, and have not heard back from her since last summer in writing. She used to send me a loving card periodically. She called me in early March to let me know she had moved and that her health had taken a real dive.

Well, the only thing I can do is the best that I can do. I have to keep my resolve to "let it be". This is what she wants. It would truly be heartbreaking for her to go into surgery and not survive, without having spoken to all her children. The rules as she sees them through JW eyes, will not allow her to express her love for her own flesh. But, something inside her must want this too, or else she would resist and question.

/<

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

{{{{{{{Sentinel}}}}}}}

I wish I had the way to fix this situation and make everything right......

hugs,

Annie

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Sorry Sentinel,

Hopefully everything will turn out well for your mother

my mom had many operations from brain surgery to heart surgery without blood and she survived

Doctors can do alot these days without blood

Its hard to accept their wishes. Hopefully everything will work out for you and your mom

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

My dad had a triple bypass surgery many years ago and came through it just fine without blood. I hope your husband and your mom will be okay, and you too! That's a lot of stress on you! Let us know what happens.

Nina

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I have gathered all your well wishes into my heart. Your responses gave me the courage to go ahead and call her this afternoon. I was home a bit early, and it just seemed like the thing my heart was urging me to do.

Her voice was as sweet as ever, but with a guardedness about what she spoke about with me. She keeps it all under the "health category". She said she was glad I had called to inquire about her "health". It was very brief, and as always, she ended it with "I hope you know how very much I love you".

....it just breaks my heart to realize how much our relationship as changed, but I do feel very good that I made the call. It was the right thing to do, no matter what she thought about it. It's what loving people do. They contact their loved ones and chat with them. Life is too short to do anything otherwise.

/<

• Panda
    Panda

This says it all:

...she ended it with "I hope you know how very much I love you".
    Those words are what a daughter needs to hear. And since you write and often tell her that you love her too, well, I think you have your relationship. Please let us know about your husband and Mom.
  • ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Oh Sentinel, it seems you have alot on your plate right now. I am sure your mother appreciates you calling her. If you didnt I'm sure that would hurt her worse. You are a strong person and will get through this just fine. I've been in a similar situation. I am thinking happy thoughts for you, your mother, and your husband. make sure you keep us posted *muah*

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Just thought I'd pop back in and say that it has also "truly" been raining here since last Friday!! I could sure use some sunshine about now!!

/<

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

For Sentinel:

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'm very sorry to hear about the situation you face Karen. I hope your husband makes a swift recovery. I hope your mom can get through her operation too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit