Calling all Bethelites

by Nadsam 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

When you were at Bethel..what sucked most ?

• Breakfast/daytext/table overseer.
    • Monday night WT study
    • Tuesdays Bookstudy at one of the Local Cong.
    • Wednesday evening fieldservice
    • Thursdays parts on the service meeting
    • Fridays "family evening" / evening fieldservice
    • Saturdays Quick Build Hall construction assistance
    • SUNDAYS FIELD SERVICE/MEETING/LATE SUPPER
    • Daily sisters housekeeping/snooping through your possessions
    • Car pools
    • Allowance day
    • Laundry day / missing clothing / badly sewed clothing
    • Boring library
    • farm duty !!! stalls vs $#IT vs gardening
    • Inking the press!
    • Digging/carpentry/bricklaying/box packing/loading
    • Nasty crotch grabbin roomies
    • Not gettin sum..except nasty looks from roomies
    • Lousy infermary (basic asprin cures all !!!)
    • Longest pompous a$$ prayers going on and on and on....
    • Old anointed bro's ..that pee themselves and need help !
    • Assembly sound duty OMG!
    • Food Service overseeing
    • Parking attendant work
    • Apostate lookout/Security work (it does exist guys !)
    • That wake up bell OMG OMG OMG !!

Pray tell Brothers and Sisters ..what made you at Bethel

Nadsam

[email protected]

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

The control at mealtimes bothered me.

The bell bothered me.

The quality of the food in Brooklyn bothered me.

The complete lack of any fun things to do bothered me.

The nurse always coming to your room if you dared to call in sick bothered me.

The bathroom being down the hall bothered me.

I liked my assignment, I was in cleaning.

I loved the library.

I didn't like giving tours, but didn't get to do it much anyway.

Didn't like traveling so far to the meetings and usually having to walk to the subway late at night.

Working 6 days instead of 5 bothered me.

• jwsons
    jwsons

The bell is ringing in the very early morning !!! While you're supposed to be in bed !! And then the boring daily text comments (I always long for an "out-of-trend" comment, but it never happens)

jwsons

• jwsons
    jwsons

The bell is ringing in the very early morning !!! While you're supposed to be in bed !! And then the boring daily text comments (I always long for an "out-of-trend" comment, but it never happens)

jwsons

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Two weeks vacation but not enough money to go anywhere.

Jst2laws

• boa
    boa

awesome post idea at least for me, but for now i am too drunk and must bbq hamburgers so will post later -

boa

former bethelite dude

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

For me it was the overall routine. You had you day scheduled in 15 minute increments.

Morning worship sucked! You were crammed into your seat with barely room to breath!

Working saturday also sucked!

The ratio of women/men sucked 1 to 100 eeek!

There were good things about it though. Being able to play team sports any day of the week was fun. Parties were fun too.

• boa
    boa

k, bbq over, buzz over, ready to answer q from u

Breakfast/daytext/table overseer.

Most of the breakfast items themselves were good. Orderly sitting under the watchful eye of the table head (especially as a bethel newb) sucked. Double prayer seemed dumb. Accidents such as the waiter boy dumping a box of cereal on someone's lap one time were far too rare imo LOL

Monday night WT study

Sucked - Like I want ANOTHER night taken up with a meeting - dressing up -again- , associating with some people I see WAY too much already, - never mind being on 'showcase showdown' where you're in the front and centre rows cuz you have to comment (on video for the other sites as well). (I think I'll start a thread about something funny to do with these remote sights actually)

Tuesdays Bookstudy at one of the Local Cong.

Sucked - 45 min travel each way. First BS group had major problems inside too many to list. Second one had the po as conductor and he was kinda fanatical/nutty about a lotta things.

Wednesday evening fieldservice

Jeece, I was already a 'special full-time pioneer' wasn't I? But certain 'regular' service was required too, so I often did wed eve service to get a few hrs - wife and I loved our weekends to ourselves WAY too much I guess.

Thursdays parts on the service meeting

Other than MORE time taken up from doing anything else - like thinking for myself snick snick, it was what it was.

Fridays "family evening" / evening fieldservice

Nope, even in bethel, I didn't mess with T.G.I.F.

Saturdays Quick Build Hall construction assistance

Was a fun change of pace not doing a directly 'theocratic' activity. Also, got to see the hotties in denim.

SUNDAYS FIELD SERVICE/MEETING/LATE SUPPER

Bottom line - service on weekends sucked - wednesday wasn't too bad cuz the day was shot anyway. The meeting was what it was - woulda had ta go whether in bethel or not. Late supper good cuz you could just run down, pick something up and go to your room

Daily sisters housekeeping/snooping through your possessions

Actually, didn't know they did this on purpose. Wife was in housekeeping and I just asked her and she said they were told to NOT snoop. However, if things were inappropriately left out, it wasn't supposed to be ignored. ie wine bottles to be kept out of sight. Not sure what they were supposed to do about Penthouse. I suspect much snooping was done because of gd nosy housekeepers.

Car pools

Majorly sucked due to I like my mobile freedom thanks very much. That and the couple we were paired up with had a little shitey car (on the 401 that sucks) and couldn't drive well (especially the wife - no sterotype intended. heh heh thats a fact anyway - jk!). Fortunately we all didn't get along very well so we made many excuses to have to use our own car and things worked out much better that way. Bethel encourages carpooling for obvious reasons, no doubt one of which is for the 'experienced' bethel couple yer paired with can keep and eye on you imo. Just like the tablehead.

Allowance day

Just like 'welfare wednesday' imo. Very happy day and good times were sure to follow if you had enough for a bottle. Bethel abuzz with action getting yer loot. I mean $125 X 2 makes a dent doncha think? Especially paying that dentist bill cuz you weren't at bethel long enough to be allowed the free work.

Laundry day / missing clothing / badly sewed clothing

PITA - Pain In The Ass - thus wife often did our own laundry cuz it was easier than the rules/procedure plus you could take care of your own 'naughties' instead of having them available for everyone to gawk at. Remember everything is labeled and traceable to you to make the laundry system work. Didn't have missing clothing or badly sewn

Boring library

As a fully immersed dubbie, I thought the library was great. Since I didn't have time to read much else except dubbie info, I didn't really notice how boring it was. I wish a copy of COC was in there though, you never know, I might of dabbled a little and saved a lot of time 'figuring things out' over the last 5 yrs.

farm duty !!! stalls vs $#IT vs gardening

I didn't have farm duty per se except I did chicken kill. It was a great way to get extra time in leiu from your regular work day. Also, change of pace and scenery which, never forget, are always valuable, cherished things.

Inking the press!

Had nothing to do with this.

Digging/carpentry/bricklaying/box packing/loading

Nope, I was a trades person so 'above' such lowly activities heh heh - jk! (about the 'lowly' part)

Nasty crotch grabbin roomies

I like it when my wife is both 'nasty' and 'crotch grabbin' - its sweet and nice and damn - we did a lot of that - its cheap entertainment.

Not gettin sum..except nasty looks from roomies

See above - never got more before or since that place - not sure why. And they're were some real hotties there for 'mental fuel' snick snick - LOL

Lousy infermary (basic asprin cures all !!!)

Didn't really need it - boa =healthy like horse (hung like one too if you believe the rumours)

Longest pompous a$$ prayers going on and on and on....

Sometimes....I remember my first 'meal' prayer - nervewracking, short and sweet. Jeece, how many different ways can you pray about the same things anyway? On the other hand there was a bro who in his 'after breakfast pre-work' prayer (and I believe he was either branch committee or some other high up) would basically say - Jehovah, help us in our daily work, in Jesus name, Amen. The absolute shortest prayers I've ever heard! Most of the long prayers were from up-and-comers and newbies imo.

Old anointed bro's ..that pee themselves and need help !

Sad state for any man or woman to be in and I won't make fun of it.

Assembly sound duty OMG!

Nope, didn't do it.

Food Service overseeing

Nope.

Parking attendant work

Yes, another opportunity to check out hotties, especially while they were sitting in a car and opening the door, and getting out and stuff. sighhhh.

Apostate lookout/Security work (it does exist guys !)

It existed, but I didn't get to be a part of that team.

That wake up bell OMG OMG OMG !!

Definitely sucked. While they're at this, they should also pipe in subliminal music/messages over the speaker while you're sleeping.

boa's been there and it was quite a ride.....

• amac
    amac

Actually, I have really good memories of Bethel, had lots of fun and make some good friends that I still keep in touch with. But here's my review:

• Breakfast/daytext/table overseer.
  • Didn't bother me too much, but I did prefer open seating much more.

• Monday night WT study
  • That was a major drag!

• Tuesdays Bookstudy at one of the Local Cong.
  • No worse than pre-Bethel, accept I was always falling asleep, even while I was the reader!

• Wednesday evening fieldservice
  • Are you kidding? Never did any evening service!

• Thursdays parts on the service meeting
  • Same as pre-Bethel

• Fridays "family evening" / evening fieldservice
  • Another, you got to be joking. Friday night was out on the town night or hanging at a friends room.

• Saturdays Quick Build Hall construction assistance
  • Never was very good at construction, so skipped those too!

• SUNDAYS FIELD SERVICE/MEETING/LATE SUPPER
  • Sundays were loooooooong, especially if you got no sleep Fri or Sat!

• Daily sisters housekeeping/snooping through your possessions
  • Never had a problem with our housekeeper, but heard lots of horror stories!

• Car pools
  • That was a drag! I used to car pool an hour with an old couple that constantly argued.

• Allowance day
  • Pay day always great! $90!!! woo hoo!!!

• Laundry day / missing clothing / badly sewed clothing
  • Had a few missing items, but I was always a thrift store shopper, buying funky retro clothes, so I liked hamper shopping!

• Boring library
  • Yeah, but one of the few peaceful places there.

• farm duty !!! stalls vs $#IT vs gardening
  • I was at Brooklyn, but we had these guard duties that SUCKED!!!!! You had to stay in a factory by yourself and hourly tour the whole thing punching a clock so they know you tour it. So much for relying on the brothers honesty.

• Inking the press!
  • No farm boy here!

• Digging/carpentry/bricklaying/box packing/loading
  • Yeah, the tedious work was almost enough to drive you insane!

• Nasty crotch grabbin roomies
  • I moved in with a buddy pretty quickly so no problems there.

• Not gettin sum..except nasty looks from roomies
  • I don't think that would have been much different outside of Bethel for me!

• Lousy infermary (basic asprin cures all !!!)
  • I didn't care. I routinely was sick once a month just to get some time off work.

• Longest pompous a$$ prayers going on and on and on....
  • That was annoying, but then we had a talk on it and they all got short real quick.

• Old anointed bro's ..that pee themselves and need help !
  • Never had to bother with that...

• Assembly sound duty OMG
  • Never did that either...

• Food Service overseeing
  • Or that...

• Parking attendant work
  • Or that!

• Apostate lookout/Security work (it does exist guys !)
  • I wish I could have done that!

• That wake up bell OMG OMG OMG !!
  • Ours wasn't a wake up bell, but we did have a 5 min bell or something like that just before breakfast.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

What killed me was the "polictics" in Bethel. The scratching and clawing of those who wanted to get to the top. No different than fortune 500 company's or civil service jobs. The majority of department overseers were idiots and did not know anything. One of my overseers was a West Indian Brother who spent his whole day passing on his work do his subordinates and having "uplifting" spirtual talk with other lazy ass overseers about great new "points" brought out in assemblies, watchtower studies or other bull shit.

I explain this to my Father today and he'll say that like any other large organization you will always have this problem, but then I counter with "other organizations dont claim to be Gods representitive on earth!" You expect this type of thing in civil service jobs.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit