Calling all Bethelites

by Nadsam 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I was never in Bethel but I went on the tour more times than I can count under the guise of bringing interested ones? there. My real motive was to get the free lunch, which was usually very good.

Walter

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The chow is often good in the slammer too,pre-empts food riots.

• Black Man
    Black Man

up................

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Never actually been a member of the "family" but stayed there a heaps of times.

My biggest gripe was that it took away my grandparents. They've both been there since I was 10.

What other kids have to make an appointment to see their grand parents. Then when they can fit you into their schedule you have to get dressed up, be on your best behaviour ( the place scared the crap out of me), and then smile a lot while i was paraded around in front of ther friends. Yuk.

• Black Man
    Black Man

This is a good thread that I'm sending back to the top................

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Parking attendant work

Yes, another opportunity to check out hotties, especially while they were sitting in a car and opening the door, and getting out and stuff. sighhhh.

Haha! This was funny to me as my husband used to valet before we met. It was always at nice restaurants like Sullivan's and other steak houses. He said he loved opening and closing the doors for women because he could position himself just right and almost always get a peak of something as the women were seating/standing up. Since my hubby and I met, I can count on one hand how many times I've had to open my own car door. And here I thought it was because he was a gentleman.

So every now and then I'll make it worth his while.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

WHOO WHOA wait a second here! I am reading these posts and I had no idea this was Bethel? Bells? Allowance day? Laundry day? I did not know it was like that?? Everyone describes it like one big college dorm but sounds like some kind of fancy jail to me. I learn something new every day

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The coffee in the morning was horrible - so acidic - but I had to drink it anyway because most of the time I had a lack of sleep.

Lack of sleep because of having to drive 1 hour and 10 minutes each way to my congregation. I loved my congregation, but Wednesdays and Fridays were a killer because I would always be running low on sleep.

Saturday morning work SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED....

Morning breakfast sucked - especialy Tuesdays because it was always hashbrowns and hard boiled eggs - it took way too much of my time to break open each egg (I know this sounds petty, but my time was very precious).

Having to read 40 pages of the Bible per day in my first year (OK it wasn't 40 pages, but still).

One of my roomates who was the most anti-social and dull human being I have ever known.

A bunch of othher stuff I haven't time to get into yet.

With that said, I loved Bethel and enjoyed serving there even though I had a hard time in some ways. Bethel isn't any "spiritual paradise" but there are a lot of good people there and I made a lot of friends.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"Everyone describes it like one big college dorm but sounds like some kind of fancy jail to me. I learn something new every day"

Bethel is an institution. Whether you see it as good or bad, is up to you.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

One of the things I'm most thankfull for, is learning the truth about the "Truth" now while my children are still young enough to undo the brainwashing before they mess up their lives in this religion, a while back we would tell our children that it was a real priviledge to go to Bethel, that it was the best place to go after you graduate from School, BUT, then we found out the way things really are, and HELL NO, MY CHILDREN WILL NEVER GO TO BETHEL! We were so blind.

IC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit