Mad at God

by confusedjw 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Well, I'm glad you're here, anyway, Ruby; you and your mother blame yourselves for your "wrongs" and that's not all bad, of course - taking responsibility for our own actions is mature and considered a sign of strength, as you know.

But there is much more to this when you're talking about being "true" to a high control group like Jehovah's Witnesses.

• ruby
    ruby

Let's toy with the thought that you are all right in how you feel and that a majority of Witnesses are not very good people. Remember, PEOPLE will get you nowhere! All that matters is your love for Jehovah and your desire to please HIM! No one else!

There is only one being that will judge us and that is him.

So what good does it do to be angry. It takes so much energy.

I have made mistakes.......But I believe he is real and that he loves me.

I have seen good congregations and bad congregations. Every walk of life is out there. But we are not meant to please those around us. Only God.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, ruby. I love God and I will follow him to my dying breath. But I was never a JW, and I never will be. In your worldview, am I following God?

The WTBTS is not God. But I am not surprised that many who leave this human-led, imperfect Organization, are similarly embittered with God. After all, they were taught that God and Org are the same thing, no?

• English Patient
    English Patient
    But I believe he is real and that he loves me

He loves you so much he gave you this trouble ridden life, huh?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"Did you ever stop to think that maybe we are not being strung along but that are faith is continually being tested??"

Hi Ruby, and welcome to the board!

I fully believe not only WE are being tested, but as the bible says, that we must continually test what we are being TAUGHT, to see whether "these things are true".

After DOING this type of testing, the Watchtower has been weighed and has come up short-----TERRIBLY short!

As the Watchtower ITSELF has said,

*** Is This Life All There Is? (1974) p.46

?God, who is himself "the God of truth" and who hates lies, will not look with favor on persons who cling to organizations that teach falsehood. (Psalm 31:5; Proverbs 6:16-19; Revelation 21:8) And, really, would you want to be even associated with a religion that had not been honest with you?

The WTS has deliberately told MANY lies, and mislead thousands of people. It has covered up and revised many previous beliefs that it taught as TRUTH, only to change its mind and then teach "new" truths........many many times.

God has not changed HIS truth.....the Bible, has not change ITS truth......the Watchtower Society has changed ITS truth......so the obvious choice is to "get OUT of her my people. if you don't want to share in her sins"........

• bem
    bem

So let me see if I understand that thought .Or perhaps am having one of my own. If. Master was no longer happy with the faithful & discreet slave would that slave be reproved? cleansed? replaced? Look for a better slave?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit