Mad at God

by confusedjw 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

From the e-watchman Guest book:

Does everyone realize that the GB has readily admitted in the publications that they are NOT inspired of Jehovah and do NOT have the gift of prophecy? Find this on your Watchtower Library CD: March 22, 1993 Awake p.4 footnotes/ February 15 1981 p. 19/ Je p.26 paragraph 4

Mad at God: (My response reformatted for this Board)

I guess I should be mad at Jehovah for telling them to teach for 40 years that Jesus arrived invisibly in 1874 and as the WT said this was ?an undeniable fact?.

And I guess I am mad at God for telling the WT to write that the faithful of old were going to rise in 1925 and that the 1925 date was more sure than that of the 1914 date.

And I am definitely mad at God for having me preach that the end was going to come before the generation that saw 1914 passes away and that after 120 years of teaching this He told the WT he didn?t mean it and had them publish that in 1995. (Which as far as I can see invalidates Jesus words in Matt about the generation that sees the beginning, 1914, will see the end [pre 1995])

And I?m mad at God for allowing the WT to be an NGO, while we ran out a boy who joined the YMCA to have therapy on his shoulder in the swimming pool.

I?m mad because the WT is God?s Channel, as they tell us over and over and over and over and over, and yet when they are wrong they say they are just imperfect men.

So it must be God who is telling them to say these things which prove to be wrong. Because the answer just couldn?t be that they aren?t God?s Channel. Right?

And finally I think I can be mad at God and not be disfellowshipped, but if I were to think that the WT might not be God?s Channel then I can?t live in the new system. And I want to live in the New System.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I met someone who said that they knew Dave - they told me all these things about how Dave and them were best buddies - but they were totally full of s#!t - lied to me the whole time - they didn't know Dave at all, not one iota.

Boy, am I mad at Dave

Make sense ?

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    And I want to live in the New System.

ahhhh, thus the dangling carrot!

Read True Believer

by Eric Hoffer and you'll understand.

Mad is good. It is one of phases we go through when we wake up to the Truth?

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I have a question. People make fun of "the truth". As far as I can see if you research thoroughly it seems to erode your faith in everything. If you believe the academics to discredit the watchtower you can discredit most other religions institutions too. I can't figure out what to do next. If you become an atheist no big deal problem solved, but what about at the end like me you still believe in God. What next? If you believe God has a religion (objectively he does not), and it does not exist anymore how to you get unscrewed. How do you join forces with such a Machiavellian progenitor whom flatters the self righteous then leaves them in a lurch once his will is done.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

So you're mad at Dave as well ?

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

good question, XQsThaiPoes.

start your own thread and find out!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello ConfusedJw,

I think I understand what you are saying, and it is a good way to make the point. Especially the one below.

And finally I think I can be mad at God and not be disfellowshipped, but if I were to think that the WT might not be God?s Channel then I can?t live in the new system.

I guess we are not certain this is entirely satire since you end with "I want to live in the new system", and your screen name is "ConfusedJw". I'm betting it IS satire, because it is some of the best I have seen in a while.

Jst2laws

• Flash
    Flash

It appears to me that Jehovah allows His self aware creations to find their own way, to make their own decisions. That He does not micro-manage all aspects of life. Satan's chose to leave Him, one third of His angels chose to leave Him plus Adam and Eve. All were perfect yet were allowed to choose their own way as poorly as it was. So bad judgment not imperfection is the real problem. While imperfection compounds the problem, perfection doesn't eliminate it. We all have ability to choose what direction we will go in. Ancient Israel's leaders were given a direction by God to go in, yet they regularly choose another direction. God's present day people have had the same choice facing them, are they/we, from the GB on down making the right choices. Realize too the choices we make always effect others. If we are the GB and we make poor choices the whole Earth wide congregation will suffer.

I am not mad at God for free will...I am grateful to Him for it.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    God's present day people have had the same choice facing them, are they/we, from the GB on down making the right choices.

- you're kidding me right?

• ruby
    ruby

Did you ever stop to think that maybe we are not being strung along but that are faith is continually being tested??

There is something very wonderful being promised to us. I believe it is so wonderful that God only wants those who can truly follow him through ever twist and turn to take part in it.

I let myself fall off that path five years ago. I will not let that happen again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit