Book Study Conductor Becomes An Ass

by Corvin 32 Replies latest jw friends

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I had a very hiper 2 year old that acted out at EVERY meeting! So one night a PIONEER sister came to the back of the hall and was very rude and told me how awful my son was acting. So I prompty handed him to her and told her to take care of him and went and sat down. She never said another word about it!

I can't imagine anyone stopping the meeting and degrading that young man...Why can't they ever learn to ask if they can help, instead of criticizing?

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Book Study Conductor Becomes An Ass

Sounds to me like he was probably an ass long before you found out he was an ass. Asses are like that, you know. What in-the-hell did he expect the parents to do with an INFANT other than removing it from the room so as to not disturb the study? Suffocate the baby? Give it a dose of Valium? The latter would be easy enough to get: just ask any women at the study.

I never cease to be amazed at the cruelty that those little tin dictators in WatchtowerWorld can inflict onto their very own "brothers."

Farkel

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Give it a dose of Valium?

Naaaa... my grandmother just put a little whiskey on the bottle's nipple! She said it always did the trick!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Damn Else, your kidding right???? Right?????????

• Beans
    Beans

Well I am a "Beer Study Conductors" and I would have to say this elder was out of order! Your future son in law seems to to be an active thinker, there is hope!

Beans

http://Quotes.Watchtower.ca

• Panda
    Panda

We had a BS in our apt for awhile, and then in our house too. Little kids didn't bother me much, but destructive kids did. For field service during the week we met at our house (before we got a new KH) anyway we rented our house from a brother so I always wanted everything kept nice so I'd get our deposit back someday. WELL these two cute as anything little guys decided to take some sticks and knives from the table and proceeded to carve up the carpet on the steps! I yelled (knee jerk reaction --- this wasn't my house) and 2 sisters told me how inappropriate yelling at the f/s meeting was and it would destroy their whole day. And maybe I shouldn't have the mid week f/s at my (not my) house. I said ok fine. I don't need to supply coffee, tea, juice and breakfast for yah'll. result: no more f/s meetings. Actually that was a relief for both my budget and our rental home.

• marie67
    marie67

I was very disturbed by 2 incidences at meetings. Our cong. was hosting the DO. My friend had a normal fiesty child anyway she was cooing as babies do when they discover the have a voice. He stopped his talk and asked my friend if the child was a boy or girl she replied a girl he said "That is to bad because one day he would have made a fine public speaker but I'm speaking now!!!!" Talk about a hush!!! My friend got up crying. I couldn't believe it!!

Well this must have gave our CO a great idea because he did the same thing to her on a different occasion. He just stopped the talk and said " Will an attendent assist the sister with the baby" more crying on my friend's part. I was a very active Jw at the time and I was totally unnerved by this. I kept saying Jesus would NEVER do this!!!

Both these men were very uptight and self-righteous. I remember being out with the DO in service and I was elected to drive. I had a 2- door car that had adequate space in it very roomy in the back. When we got to my car he said " Oh!!! a pioneer with a 2-door car !!!"

I am a pretty fiesty person my reply was " Maybe we should have a discussion about DO"S being judgemental !!! If you would like to drive we can go in your car" End of discussion. We went in my car and he never said another word. Marie (gotta go my baby is fussing he needs a beating for disturbing me on the forum

• Mulan
    Mulan
    " Maybe we should have a discussion about DO"S being judgemental !!! If you would like to drive we can go in your car" End of discussion. We went in my car and he never said another word.

Wow! Good for you. I love it!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The pregnant sisters in our area were given startling advice during the Public Talk one Sunday:

When the fetus begins to wiggle or kick during the meetings, they should use a PENCIL and TAP THEIR STOMACHS to make the baby KNOW that it was "meeting time" and they would learn from infancy how to be obedient during the meetings!!

I all but fell off the seat that morning..and NO ONE ever mentioned this as being outlandish or outrageous! Just bow and scrape and nod....GRRRRR.

I guess I was a rebel inwardly long before it became apparent.....

hugs,

Annie

• marie67
    marie67

Are you serious Sunspot?????? You have to be kidding!!!! That is crazy!!! I loved it when my baby was kicking me then I knew he was alive and well!!! Marie P.S. A couple of times we had to leave the meeting because of his moving around to much caused me to much discomfort. Maybe he was trying to tell me something

Yes mulan I had that as a standard answer to anyone who ?'ed my car. I received it alot. I told one CO who complained about my car if he wanted to buy me a 4 door car I'd be happy to accept it. But seeing I was a pioneer and my car was a gift I couldn't afford another one because I was putting Kingdom interest first. He stammered a apology!!! Or I would say things like if you were in some countries you'd be riding in the back of a truck so shut up and get in!! Now I wonder why I put up with this crap!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit