Book Study Conductor Becomes An Ass

by Corvin 32 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

I FOUND A PICTURE OF A GROUP OF ELDERS

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I am a dont get mad get even type of person most of the times. Since I had small ones at book studies and have had the looks and stares I can understand how that dad felt. I wish i could go back and leave a poopy diaper under the bed or in the closet or in the fridge somewhere.

• avishai
    avishai
    He might, but not wishing to be negative, it's not at all probable. We even have posters here who are exposed to the truth about "The Troof" daily and yet, forone reason or another, stay within the confines of the borg.

Ozzie, he's already on his way out! He's 18 and not baptized yet, and the dubs have an 80% leaving rate w/ kids. I'd say that's better than 50/50, especially w/ the things he's doing.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    told the BS conductor that they did not want me, my hubby or our baby back in their home. . The brother who had to telll us, was so embarassed, he said it was a racial/economic thing.

wow, that is disturbing and sickening. sorry to hear about that experience. We were po JW's too, and those "well to so" JW's, in our case, were my own relatives looking down their noses at us. Knowing them as I do, they were some of the biggest JW hypocrites I ever knew.

Corvin

• Quotes
    Quotes

I love hearing this.

We need more elder's like this.

Why?

Because with elder's like this working on the inside to get people to leave the BOrganization, it means less work for us on the outside trying to rescue those inside.

Let's hope that the father/victim is notthick skinned, so he will be hurt and offended, as he should be. We can call this "Step One" in his exit.

• Mulan
    Mulan

One of the book study conductors at our former cong, is a school teacher. He treats his group like a classroom of children, much to the irritation of the adults who are there. Why no one ever challenges him is a mystery to me.

He will call on people who haven't answered that night, and ask them if they have a comment. He randomly calls on people to read scriptures, and corrects the children during the meeting if they are whispering or disrupting. I would never stand for that. If he had been my conductor, I would have gotten in his face the first time he did it to me or to one of my children.

My friend tells me he constantly embarrasses her and the 4 children, in whose home the meeting is held. When it't their turn to clean the KH, he asks each person, during the meeting, if they will be there. If they say "no" he asks them "why not?" Grrrr. Makes me mad hearing about it.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Wednesday, your experience you related made my blood boil! What a cruel and heartless way to treat anyone! And that elder needed to grow a spine, I think. I wonder what they would have said if Jesus himself, a working-class man with calluses on his hands and dust from the road on his well-worn clothing, had wanted to attend in their fine home?

• True North
    True North
    ...after the book study, more than a couple of those attending approached this brother elder to tell him how inappropriate his comments were.

Such disrespect toward the "glorious ones" is truly shocking. Where are Elisha's bears when you need them?

• True North
    True North
    A very upscale couple were allowing it to be in their home, told the BS conductor that they did not want me, my hubby or our baby back in their home. . The brother who had to telll us, was so embarassed, he said it was a racial/economic thing....The elder said they were wrong and he could not believe they were getting away with it, but he had to assign us to the KH since we could not go to their home.

wednesday, I know JWs can be cliquish and that sometimes the cliques are based at least in part on economic status, but this just boggles my mind.

I wish i could go back and leave a poopy diaper under the bed or in the closet or in the fridge somewhere.

You're all right, Stefanie, you're all right.

• amac
    amac

Astounding! I can't believe these stories. I wish I was present when these things happened...when I was an active JW, I often took pleasure and advantage of every opportunity to correct jerk brothers who were not Christ-like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit