Dubs and marijuana

by gumby 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• El blanko
    El blanko

http://cannabisnews.com/news/thread15761.shtml

That link up there is pretty well balanced as far as the gateway theory is concerned.

I agree that home-growing should not necessarily be outlawed, as the dealers around here, where I live, are mostly lowlife scum who will peddle to anybody, at most ages.

The guy I used to buy from used to use a bong in front of his kids who were 6 & 8 and he had no qualms at all about the impression he was giving. It was one of the reasons I quit, the vision bothered me.

I am still a person who holds to the Christian belief system and for Gumby up there who casts me off as "You speak like someone still wet behind the ears out of dubdom my friend" - well ..... (you have no idea friend)

I hope that was a more reasoned response. I certainly don't expect you to agree with me. It is, after all, a much-debated issue that many folks feel very strongly about, myself included.

Of course it was, thank-you. I am mostly inline with your own thoughts. I still support a ban at this time, but realize that under the surface there are issues that are not addressed, like the reason why many choose to blot out reality. I still have that desire, but fight it.

Of upmost concern for me is - Ephesians 5:15-18 .... popped that in just to annoy

• minimus
    minimus

What's the difference between MJ and alcohol?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Well Gumby scenario could be along the lines of this;

Ted Jarecz becomes ill with cancer and marijuana will relieve his pain then we might see some turn around by the WT like when Ruthy was in office during the prohibition.

Check out this and substitute marijuana for alcohol and Ted Jarecz for Rutherford can't you just see the words on the latest issue of the Watchtower? LOL

http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040309/HISTORY2/111180008

Ya think?LMAO

Kate

• talesin
    talesin

El blanko

Good article, and you're right - balanced. Thanks for the link.

What you said about the guy and his little kids - I couldn't agree more! It's one of those things (imho) that is just inappropriate around kids. And I don't know if you ever thought of it this way, but the parent is also making their child complicit in breaking the law.

Should a parent put their kids (9 years old!) in a position where they have to lie to protect them? It seems to me that they are doing illegal things in front of their small children, and placing a responsibility upon them that is unfair.

It's great how folks can sometimes disagree, but once we get talking, we find common ground, even if we do not agree on every point.

I still have that desire, but fight it.

I hear ya on that one, too!! I have a button (left over from my 20s) that says 'Reality is for people who can't handle drugs'. Of course, I also have one that says "I am the person your mother warned you about". *wink*

talesin

(btw, loved the scripture heheheh Proverbs 15:1)

• gumby
    gumby

El blanco,

I would not "cast you off". I didn't mean to hurt you if I did. I was stickin up for talesin when you accused her of being hostile......AND...I didn't agree with your reasoning on many points....such as this,

The guy I used to buy from used to use a bong in front of his kids who were 6 & 8 and he had no qualms at all about the impression he was giving. It was one of the reasons I quit, the vision bothered me.

There are creeps in every aspect of lives. I know of countless of people who would never do as you described. Using illustrations such as this is not fair to the subject and is a method the watchtower uses. They take bad examples and use it to prove a point......leaving out any benifits. Yes.....you admitted their are medicinal benifits.......but you also used illustrations I thought were not fair.

Now then.......can we kiss and make-up?

Gumby

• talesin
    talesin

awww, Gumby thanks hon

There are creeps in every aspect of lives.

Yep, that's the point. Bad parenting exists in all social arenas.

tal

• El blanko
    El blanko
    Now then.......can we kiss and make-up?

No, no, neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ................

Ahem.

Yes of course

Proverbs 15:1
    Indeed
  • gumby
    gumby

Thanks friend.

Gumby

• Sassy
    Sassy

I remember that stance that demons could enter if you used drugs... that was the same reasoning they used why one should not do Yoga.. (obviously that was legal)... you relax your mind and thus DEMONS can enter.. it was one of their scare techniques... even though by the same token, alcohol can do the same....

my first husband loved pot and he was always getting dfd for using it. His best friend and him would use it, then his best friend would feel guilty and turn himself in (no doubt more than likely his WIFE caught him and made him turn himself in) and then he would get off with a "can we study with you to make you more encouraged... but keep his priviledges..........but my ex.. since he wasn't the one with the heartfelt confession, would be dfd.........which really would piss him off..

sometimes I think back now on that rule.. no drugs.. no marajuana.. I wonder if I had been less rigid about trying it, if it might have been easier on our marriage.. he always begged me to try it.. but I was that good little JW..

Now that I'm not.. well.. all those rules.. the demon's could enter reasoning.. so ludicrious.... but I just don't know if I could smoke.. I've had pneumonia last year and I dont think my lungs would like it..

but maybe someone could make me some brownies???

• gumby
    gumby
    you relax your mind and thus DEMONS can enter.. it was one of their scare techniques... even though by the same token, alcohol can do the same....

But it's OK to meditate and relax your mind on Jehovah stuff.

Sassy.....I plan on doping up the chili at the fest instead of the brownie idea. Then I'll take some pictures

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit