Dubs and marijuana

by gumby 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlanB
    AlanB

I know of a JW who would benefit from Cannabis, however she refuses on the braking the law thing. We are relaxing our laws in the UK, declassifying to class C.

Currently it is still illegal even for medical use. I have a friend who's mother was told by her doctor that she could not be legally prescribed it, however if she knew of someone who could get her some it would be a benefit, (wink). The only alternative the doctor could come up with is Morphene (Heroin)

"Sorry Mrs Smith we cannot give you Cannabis, but here is some Heroin".

My friend got some leaves from a local producer which he would normally throw away and it has improved her quality of life no end.

Dub's on Dope..... Now there's a thought.

In fact better idea, I shall smoke a fat one then go along to the watchtower study, should make for some interesting comments.

A

• El blanko
    El blanko
    Why is it okay to have a 'couple of drinks', but not just one hit of MJ?

' Probably ' because it is a far more potent narcotic.

As with many mind altering drug if you do not take a moral stand within society, then the vulnerable and disaffected use the substance as a means to escape continually throughout their lives; never learning to tackle their real issues and therefore never reaching their full potential.

For society to function, we do need to place a general control over other people's habits at the moment. Education and freedom of choice is simply the pipe dream of the liberal.

I used cannabis for years. As the urban legend goes, it can lead into other areas of abuse, when the weed experience becomes mundane.

Medically it may have it's uses and I personally would not criticize any man or woman using the plant as self-medication. I know from experience that it can be a means for pain relief.

Ultimately whether one uses the plant or not is a matter of conscience, but through prayer and personal insight, I cannot endorse it's legality based around my selfish desire to "get out of my tree".

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I wonder if Anti-depressants should be classified as pharmakia, given their mind-altering abilities?
    ~tongue planted firmly in cheek~

• El blanko
    El blanko
    I wonder if Anti-depressants should be classified as pharmakia, given their mind-altering abilities?

By some they would be considered the same thing. I have a prescription of both Zopiclone & Citalopram, neither of which I would inflict on any other human with frequency. I do not use the Citalopram and rarely use the Zopiclone. Both give me a range of symptoms that are both undesirable and "freaky".

That is the best that your average GP has to offer for the depressed soul.

• talesin
    talesin

El Blanko

As the urban legend goes, it can lead into other areas of abuse, when the weed experience becomes mundane.

Yes, that is why it is an urban legend. They are known for being untrue, made-up stories.

And do you really believe that alcohol alters the mind less? Interesting. Certainly, that has not been my 'personal' experience. I have found alcohol can be extremely mind-altering and dangerous, but that is, of course, anecdotal. Do you have anything to back up your claim (clinical, documented evidence)?

talesin

• El blanko
    El blanko
    And do you really believe that alcohol alters the mind less?

If taken in small amounts, then by my 'personal' experience, I would have to say it does. I very rarely drink and only have maybe one or two glasses of wine when I do. I also despise alcohols destructive effect upon society.

... and yes, with the people I knew and who were involved in the drugs scene, they did learn to experiment with other drugs. Ecstacy, coke, LSD, speed and one or two, crack. The dealers had access, would give bits out, and then, one get's the taste for the rush etc

I take it your hostility is born out of trying to defend your chosen lifestyle?

In my opinion, if you are able, it is important to stay clean and show younger members of society that there is another way to live, rather than "riding the Shaman's chariot" every day.

The dope heads where I live are getting increasingly younger year in, year out. 9,10,11,12,13,14,15 .... not what I like to see.

Over to you.

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

Smoked sum...then chewed sum..then puked lots!

Nadsam

[email protected]

PS....WEED IN SA IS FREELY AVAILABLE AS A MEDICINAL CURE PRESCRIBED BY GOVERNMENT LISCENCED TRADITIONAL HEALERS FOR JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE.

• doodle-v
  • gumby
    gumby

El blanco,

I take it your hostility is born out of trying to defend your chosen lifestyle

Hostility? Where was tailsin hostile?

You speak like someone still wet behind the ears out of dubdom my friend. Your ideas and comments on marijuana and it's devilish effects sound like it came straight from the mouth of of a head writer in brooklyn.

Gumby

• talesin
    talesin

El blanko

My intent was not to be hostile, but to calmly disagree. Perhaps my reply was a bit provocative or confrontational, sorry if I offended.

In answer, yes, I agree with what you say about alcohol. For me, it has been a substance that is much more dangerous than maryjane. And I do not like to see children smoking pot, drinking coffee and tea in huge amounts, drinking alcohol, having sex and a myriad of other things that adults do.

So I do agree with most of your points.

No, I'm not a pothead. Actually, I left my first husband cause HE was a pothead *smile*. It ruled his life. By the way, almost 20 years later, he is still a pothead, but has never done ANY other drugs (I am still friends with his family). He also is not a drinker.

When I left him, at age 29, I never missed pot - didn't even have a toke for almost 10 years. Now I will indulge if it's around, and have used it medicinally for pain and nausea over the last few years.

I knew many pot smokers over the years. Some of them (baby-boomers) would occasionally take a hit of acid (not my cup of tea), but most only ever smoked pot. I think I know of 2 people from my early twenties who went on to cocaine, but in my considerable partying experience (trust me on that one), I have met few people who went from maryjane to harder drugs. Thus the 'urban legend' falsehood.

This is an issue on which I feel our culture has been misled. Yes, there will always be people who turn to mind-altering substances so that they do not have to deal with reality, and marijuana can be used for this purpose, but I have not seen that smoking dope is something that turns one to harder drugs. These claims have never, to my knowledge, been documented or proven, thus my request from you for data. I feel that emotional problems do this, and an inability to cope with life. Alcohol is, imho, a much more dangerous drug.

The money that is wasted by the gov't on tracking down the 'evil pot smokers' would, imo, be much better spent on providing help for people to have better health. Then we wouldn't have to worry about so many people turning to addictive, harmful substances to blot out reality. Also, if folks could just grow a little herb on their windowsill, there would be no organized crime involved with the maryjane.

I hope that was a more reasoned response. I certainly don't expect you to agree with me. It is, after all, a much-debated issue that many folks feel very strongly about, myself included.

talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit