Do you REALLY know how crazy J. Rutherford was?

by gumby 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

Most witlesses argue that the g.b. has grown in spirituality and understanding now, since such bizarre thoughts and behaviors. Right! It seems to me that they still cling to the idea that dead people are going to dig themselves out of their coffins and graves and be restored to life (ICK!), although, you will only recognize their "Personalities" as they are not going to look like themselves anymore. Hmmmm...OH, yeah, and don't forget that through some direct divine channelling, the fool who came up with this interpretation also let's us, those who might be concerned about necrophilia, be relieved that they will all be unable to breed. WHEW! That let's ME sleep a little sounder!

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

xjw_b12 tell us how you REALLY feel!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

bttt

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Wow.

It's amazing what can be revealed by an outsider's view of the leader and "shepherd" of the BORG during the 1930s...JFR was completely delusional. The guy should have been institutionalized.

Compare this info to the sanitized, buffered, edited, version of Beth Sarim that appears in the "Proclaimers" book.

If I had seen this before I got baptized I wouldn't have gotten baptized.

The "spiritual heritage" of the BORG is nothing short of scary. This was God's "spirit directed organization"??? .... I don't think so.

This is the kind of stuff that faders and exiters need to show to their families.

It is scandelous.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well that's something I've never read before.

I still don't think he was psychotic. Psychopath--definitely.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

sadly showing this to hard core dubs will only get a shrug and be told "That was old light"

• still_in74
    still_in74

Below is an interview with the drunken, pipe-dreamin, selfish, psychopathic bastard back in 1930.

I havent even read the article yet and already I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

• oompa
    oompa

Is there a scan or link to the original newspaper?....or can i buy a copy!!.........oompa

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

It is so shocking that we only learn about Judge Rutherford's behaviour and the house that he built for the "returning Prophets"( Beth-Sarim), from those who left "the truth" eg. Mr Ray Franz....

Why is this information not available in any of JW literature?

They could have atleast revealed only minor details and maybe even put some "salt" to justify his actions...

"Proclaimers" book would have been an ideal publication as it deals mainly with the history of JW's...

african GB member

• undercover
    undercover

Beth-Sarim is mentioned briefly in the Proclaimers book...the "faithful men of old" to be resurrected was also mentioned.

When you're indoctrinated, you tend to gloss over those snippets of information as not important. It's not until you're thinking with a clear mind do realize the significance of those events. They also make it a point to not really cover those things during the meetings, so if you don't really read the book on your own, you miss it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit