Daddy, why did we have to attack Iraq?

by Larry 109 Replies latest social current

• roybatty
    roybatty

the sad truth is that normal people are nothing but pawns in the game. the leaders give a flying s**t about you or anyone wh is not closely entagled with them

To a certain point I agree but there are things we "pawns" can do. Denny Hassert, speaker of the house and the third most powerful man in the US is a congressman from my area. I see him around town all the time. Just a couple of weeks ago I walked into Dukin Doughnuts and there he was, sitting by himself, drinking coffee (outside was large SUV with two dudes watching EVERYTHING). Anyway, some leaders, like Denny Hassert, will listen. I actually talked with him for a few minutes. Unlike Bush or Kerry, this guy was a high school teacher and coach before going to congress. He knows the problems of the "pawns" but there is only so much he can do.

The problems we face today is our own making. Good paying manufacturing jobs are leaving the US for China and are being replaced with low-paying, service jobs. Is this Bush's fault? Is it Clinton's fault? Nope. It's my fault and your fault for shopping ay Wal-Mart and buying the cheapest shi* we can find. Instead of buying that American made lawnmower, we buy the lawnmower made in China. Instead of buying that plastic storage container made in Illinois, we buy the product made in Mexico, etc..etc..(Heck, one thing that has caught my attention about John Kerry is the fact that he's a supporter of job training whereas Bush has given tax breaks to the rich and cut back monies for job training )

Add this to our unending desire for bigger SUV's, no real recycling program and crappy public transportation and we the pawns are the ones screwing things up.

• patio34
    patio34

Pat

• xjw_b12
  • Realist
    Realist

whynow,

excellent point about Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell! i heard these a**holes too! talk about religious nuts! (although i think those guys are just very clever...i don't think they actually believe what they are saying).

i never heard of Phil Gramm but he sounds like a typical politician. the bill would have been totalitarian! LOL yeah yeah these guys are good in rethoric. just wonder what he thinks of the patriot act! by the way have you seen the movie with eddy murphy where he gets accidentially elected to the senat? that movie sums it up pretty nicely!

czar,

widdle6: But momdaddy, how was Bush oppressing us?

6of9: By killing the fanatical muslims

he is killing 100 of them and at the same time creates 1000 new ones!

roy,

yes i agree, once in a while there is a decent guy who gets all the way up. but you can count the number of these on one hand. besides just because a politician talks to you doesn't mean he cares about what you are saying. all politicians talk to people (usually at least before the elections ).

about the consumer behavior with SUVs, no trash reduction etc. ...yes i agree with that. the problem is human nature. we do what is best for us not caring about the consequences. and alpha males (or high ranking humans ) are just extremely efficient in that.

i cannot fully agree with the buying cheap products example. yes if consumers would buy the more expansive stuff as long as its produced in the US the problem could get solved...but most people just don't get paid a lot so they are forced to save money (ignoring the consequences). this has a circular effect.

besides, in many cases the products are not even cheaper when produced outside the US. for instance nike produces the shoes for 5 bucks in india (child labour) and then sells it for 100 dollars in the US.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hey Czar, I'll thank you not to characterize me as someone who "really loved people who would kill and torture and threaten" or someone who "felt no obligation to defend the innocent."

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

the point is that in reality (unknown to you obviously) you are not standing on the side of true freedom and democracy but on the side of money making cooperations who run the world. you think this war was for freedom and democracy? the first gulf war was? the vietnam war? the war against germany, USSR, indians, mexico etc.?

I am sorry that you have such a narrow view of the world. You obviously assume that no one is good. No one in power is there because they believe in the principles of democracy: they are there to simply exploit people and make money.

Actually, sounds a bit like a lingering JW mentality. No one, but THEY, are in it for the right reasons. Everyone else is self-centered, money-mongering, and out to exploit others.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

The world would have laughed in his face 2 years ago if he'd said that, and spit in his face if he'd said that now, since the facts have come to light about just how focused Clinton was on the terrorism threat, and how completely unfocused on it GW Bush has been.

To what facts, pray tell, are you referring? Exactly how was Clinton "so focused" on terrorism? Oh, right, and GWB has NOT been focused on terrorism?

I'm assuming you are joking.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

as is revealed right now bush knew about the threat month before the attack yet did virtually nothing.

Oh, really? GWB KNEW that 19 highjackers would board 3 particular flights, kill the pilots, man the planes, and fly them into the world trade center, the pentagon, and possibly the White House? What revelations do YOU have that no one else does?

• blacksheep
    blacksheep
    9/11 widows

Yes, I saw a bunch of them being interviewed today, they want the war to STOP.

Oh, well, then BY ALL MEANS, if 9/11 widows want the war to stop they must be right. Military strategists...Bush...Rumsfeld, put them on the US staff!

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

what actions should clinton have taken that bush has? as is revealed right now bush knew about the threat month before the attack yet did virtually nothing.

why not? most likely because an attack would give him the right in the public opinion to attack iraq

Just read the rest of your comments. This is the most assinine, hateful, and igornant accusation I have heard yet. You actually believe that GWB knew that 9/11 was about to occur, but did nothing so that he could attack Iraq? A year later?

You have a lot of nerve. I really have no interest in debating you. You are not an American and obviously clueless about what's going on. And for someone to suggest that are president knowingly and willingly allowed the 9/11 to happen, you are simply deranged.

The US fortunetly, does not breed Nazis and Hitlers...unlike Europe. And middle eastern countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit