Daddy, why did we have to attack Iraq?

by Larry 109 Replies latest social current

• talesin
    talesin

I'm with you on this one, blacksheep.

We can't blame causes for this 9/11 on Bush. It goes way back.

Ditto on the bookwriters, etc. too.

OMG, we're agreeing!!!! I'm scared.

edit, re the other comment, Darn, I made a really good post on possible solutions last nite, but the THREAD was deleted.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    And, then, amazingly, when Bush is 8 months in office, the left is now accusing hiim of some sort of executive irresponsiblity, so that 9/11 was somehow his fault. That it could have been prevented. Desperate, blaming, NON-leadership. After 9/11, did you hear Bush say: well, it was Clinton's fault... No. Why not? Because he's a leader.

The world would have laughed in his face 2 years ago if he'd said that, and spit in his face if he'd said that now, since the facts have come to light about just how focused Clinton was on the terrorism threat, and how completely unfocused on it GW Bush has been. Do you even pay the slightest attention to the record, blacksheep?

BTW blacksheep, I'm curious, is it your basic position that the 9/11 widows should just stfu and quit making trouble for George Bush? I mean, it was Al Queda who actually killed their husbands, how dare they question the Bush administration? What about Richard Clarke, should he just keep his knowledge to himself?

• talesin
    talesin

six

9/11 widows

Yes, I saw a bunch of them being interviewed today, they want the war to STOP.

t

• Realist
    Realist

blacksheep,

first off congrats on your 666 post!

secondly, i am not a fan of the democrats either...don't think clinton or kerry are any more noble than bush... (i hope they are but don't think so)

I, like the Bush Admin, am not trying to point fingers. To assign blame. That's the work of the Democratic/partisan scavangers. I do think Clinton was absolutely light on defense. He did NOT take action when he should have. And, then, amazingly, when Bush is 8 months in office, the left is now accusing hiim of some sort of executive irresponsiblity, so that 9/11 was somehow his fault. That it could have been prevented. Desperate, blaming, NON-leadership. After 9/11, did you hear Bush say: well, it was Clinton's fault... No. Why not? Because he's a leader.

Not a slime ball. Which is more than I can say for some partisan people who are exploiting 9/11. Both for book sales and for politics.

what actions should clinton have taken that bush has? as is revealed right now bush knew about the threat month before the attack yet did virtually nothing.

why not? most likely because an attack would give him the right in the public opinion to attack iraq.

why did he not blame it on clinton....because it is a fact that he knew about the threat!

Ah, truely positive message from an obviously psychologically healthy mind... Can you possible find it within youself--stretch your mind--to explain what POSITIVE thing you would do to get us out of this obviously hopeless morass? Obviously, money-making corps are out to destroy your soul. What do you have to defend yourself? John Kerry?? LOL.

oki doki...so please tell me what kind of people get all the way to the top in large companies, politics, religion etc.? what animals become the alpha male?

are you telling me its the caring, loving, generous, honest idealists??? LOL i let you in on a little secret....in over 95% of the time its the most cold blooded, ruthless, back stabbing, greedy for power egoistis who make the race.

to get us out of the morass of politics or the morass of iraq?

to make a political change i would vote for nader. if there is an idealistic politican than it is him.

for iraq its a little late....it would have been a lot easier when hussein was still there...right now the US would have to give the control to the UN (even if that means that they have to split the oil with others) but support the operation until the country is under a stable goovernment. the US would have to put an end to the support for israel, apologize for the politics of the past 50 years, and in the end get the hell out of the whole area.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

talesin: I like your disposition. Wish we were doing this over cigars and a good brandy..... At any rate, the US cannot be all places at all times. Nations serve their interests. Geo-politically, Iraq is very relevant, and part of our effort. We will be able to launch many operations from Iraq. During WWII Japan attacked the US, yet we declared war on both Japan and Germany. Why? it was the overall right thing to do. The one directional thinking of the radical left has always been to their downfall as it relates to History........and Iraq is another example.

• Realist
    Realist

thichi,

my god you don't get a single fact right....germany declared war on the US not the other way around! why? because japan and germany had a pact and because the US was supporting britain and russia.

• Realist
    Realist

bush started planning the iraq war right after he was elected, (the plan was actually devised much earlier by wolfowitz), he then justifies the war with a couple of lies (thichi has listed them). so the question is how could he so easily sway the US public?

here is the next piece in the puzzle!

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/10/politics/10PANE.html?hp

Bush Was Warned of Possible Attack in U.S., Official Says

By ERIC LICHTBLAU and DAVID E. SANGERalt
    Published: April 10, 2004

WASHINGTON, April 9 ? President Bush was told more than a month before the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, that supporters of Osama bin Laden planned an attack within the United States with explosives and wanted to hijack airplanes, a government official said Friday.

my interpretation: bush knew about it and let it happen to get his case against iraq.

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

CLINTON 8 years = less than 80 died due to terrorism

BUSH 9 Months = more than 3,000 and counting died due to terrorism CLINTON in office when 93 attack took place?.......38 DAYS BUSH in office when 2001attack took place?.......8 months

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

BlackSheep:

I, like the Bush Admin, am not trying to point fingers. To assign blame. That's the work of the Democratic/partisan scavangers.

Conservative columnist Andrew Sullivan, in the immediate aftermath of the attacks, blamed the Clinton administration. "The decision to get down and dirty with the terrorists, to take their threat seriously and counter them aggressively, was simply never taken," wrote Sullivan. Senator Orrin Hatch referred in 1996 to the terrorist threats, threats which compelled Clinton to attempt the passage of a comprehensive anti-terrorism bill that would have gone a long way to stopping 9/11, as "Phony threats." After September 11, he joined the 'Blame Clinton' chorus.

During his administration, Clinton offered legislation that would give the Treasury Secretary broad powers to ban foreign nations and banks from accessing American financial markets unless they cooperated with money-laundering investigations that would expose and terminate terrorist cash flows. The legislation was killed by Texas Republican Senator Phil Gramm, who was chairman of the Banking Committee. At the time, he called the bill "totalitarian." It was revealed later, of course, that Gramm killed the bill because it would have blocked Enron officers from laundering stolen stockholder money through the same offshore conduits the terrorists were using. Gramm, from Texas, was beholden to Enron, and killed the bill at their behest. Of course, he joined the 'Blame Clinton' chorus after the attacks, and never mind the facts.

There was Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell blaming the attacks on gays, feminists and the ACLU a couple of days after the horror. They claimed the attacks were God's justice being levied against America for tolerating such people. No one quite explained the glaring hole in this logic - if the terrorists were acting as an instrument of God's justice, doesn't that mean the terrorists themselves are blameless instruments of the Lord? - but in the end, the message was clear. Liberals like Clinton were to blame for the attacks.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

6of9: Now that was how we turned back the terrible tyrant Dubya in the election of 2004.

widdle6: But momdaddy, how was Bush oppressing us?

6of9: By killing the fanatical muslims

widdle6: But didn't the fanatical muslims have a worldview similar to Hitler's, in that they felt a divine destiny to press their views on the world, and to conquer neighbors, and to enslave non-muslims?

6of9: That doesn't matter. The enemies are not the important threat, remember that, it is the American president. Always, the American power is the threat.

widdle6: Is that why you voted for the Taliban?

6of9: No, I voted for the Taliban party so that they would stop grinding my legs in a plastic shredder.

widdle6: oh, how come they did that?

6of9: You see, back then, I really loved people who would kill and torture and threaten. I felt no obligation to defend the innocent. Eventually, my inaction and my love of indolent sloth devoured my nation, and the muslims moved in and ruled us all. Now put on your burqa, it's time to pray.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit