Daddy, why did we have to attack Iraq?

by Larry 109 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

crazy,

thanks for the effort! but this discussion is about the iraq war! if you want to discuss european history fine! i am up for it!

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

thanks for the effort! but this discussion is about the iraq war! if you want to discuss european history fine! i am up for it!

Ah, good move to try to get as narrow a focus as possible so you don't have to address anything that might somehow conflict with your view of the US as "War-mongering." As though engaging in war is something new and unique to the US.

• Realist
    Realist

black,

if you come up with a reasonable connection between european history and the current iraq war then i am willing to discuss it.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

if you come up with a reasonable connection between european history and the current iraq war then i am willing to discuss it.

And if you in future wish to call the US a uniquely "war-mongering" nation, then just keep European history in mind. Also keep in mind if want to throw out stats like 99.9% of wars are fought based on economics, you can use the above listing to explain you theory. Not that it has anything to do with the current war in Iraq. But you're welcome to go through the list to explain how THOSE wars were based soley on economics.

• Realist
    Realist

black,

where is the link?

and when did i call the US a uniquely war mongering nation?

• Realist
    Realist

black,

here is another story for you:

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/politics/politics-iraq-usa-halliburton.html

Halliburton's Role in Iraq - - from Meals to Oil

By REUTERS alt
    Published: April 12, 2004

Filed at 5:49 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Texas company Halliburton, which has seven workers missing in Iraq, is the U.S. military's biggest contractor there, responsible for everything from preparing meals for U.S. troops to repairing Iraq's oil infrastructure.

The human price has been steep. The company says about 30 of its staff and sub-contractors for subsidiary Kellogg Brown and Root have been killed in Iraq, many of them doing work the military used to do itself but now outsources.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

european intervention in the Middle East is the only reason anybody from the west is there in the first place.

The British slammed the Turks in WW1 - couldn't afford the empire, decided to shut it all down, divvyed it up fairly haphazardly and got the hell out of dodge.

Naturally, the ethnic peoples got back to their business of beating the hell out of each other.

CZAR

• Realist
    Realist

czar,

i assume you did not read any true communist papers.

european intervention in the Middle East is the only reason anybody from the west is there in the first place.

that is correct.

The British slammed the Turks in WW1 - couldn't afford the empire, decided to shut it all down, divvyed it up fairly haphazardly and got the hell out of dodge.

also correct...just that they devided it in a way that would necessarily lead to trouble (as they did in africa)....after the motto: divide et impera!

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit