Which Doctrine Convinced You That This Wasn't Right

by ignorance is strength 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

What did it for me was the disfellowshiping policy. I was disfellowshipped for a bunch of felonies like spelling bee's from a to z but the main crux was drug addiction. Now, I couldn't get any help from the only friends and family I had in the Borg. So what do you think I did after 6 months of trying to attend meetings and not getting any support? More drugs!

I never understood why a DF'ed person must attend meetings and then WRITE a letter of reinstatement? Forget that crap!

And all the previous years I shunned Df'ed people like a robot! Its takes a lot to fill them shoes.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

It wasn't a doctrine per se, but their elitist attitudes. I am bothered by their stance that they have a monopoly on the truth, and everyone else is wrong and you shouldn't even do research. That sent a red flag.

Also, everyone else mentioned this, but the faithful and discreet slave is pushed too often. How can a group of people who are always harping about how great they are and reminding JWs why they should stay in the organization possibly be the real deal? They certainly aren't humble, because they puff themselves up all the time.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

"One True Religion", and Evolution

• beaker
    beaker

i used to go door to door telling people that the generation that was around in 1914 would also see armageddon.

then that got changed and i felt stupid for the way i had tried to make people join before the end

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

The two greatest commandments in the bible were to love God and to love your neighbor as yourself. That is what the bible says, but WT doctrine teaches that we should not even be socializing with our neighbor because they are wicked and evil and JWs continue to pray for a time when God will come down and destroy all such people like our neighbors...and you know all the rest...

• Rico
    Rico

greetings to all here.

I am new to this site and wants to introduce myself before i write.

I am still stand as a jv but have left them by heart, i have stayed out of love for family and to get my mother out with me, i love meny of the brothers as i feel they have, as paul says, "a zeal but not according to knowledge", but when i look at the history of the WT the leaders have been fare from "faithfull", for some of them heaven is not hot enough.

Now the things that made me leave was, the prophesies, when you look these over with an open mind i find it silly, God who is allmighty who made the earth, whos perfect knowledge, and allmighty power is seen in all the OT, gives for an eksample a picture in revelation 9:7-9, look up the answer to this pasage, its just silly, that "hardhitting" messages in the watchtower is prophesied in scripture.

And my study of history, when i look at the start of the jv and the history there is no foundation for them being "chosen" by God, they say that they got rid of "false doctrines" but they themself had doctrines that was EXTRA-biblical.

And the attitude they have on other people and churches, (an attitude i also had for a long time sadly ), to bring to the attention what good goes on in other churches can in fact be mindblowing to a jv, convertion stories i have found can also be mindblowing, when they see the sincerety and love for God these people have, afterall these people are BABYLON............Or are they, maby the Org is BABYLON.

Well thats my 15 min of fame

Sincerely in Christ Rico

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

• I stopped my studies promptly after learning of 1914 and 607, it never made sence... and not a single JW elder was interested in researching it with me. It was a real eye-opener into how independant thinkers were treated. I didn't realize how important 607 was to them, however they knew all to well, and quite obviously knew that I would be stumbled by this even before I knew it. They dropped me like a hot potato.
    • I went to one memorial, and that was enough. It actually appears much worse than regular meetings.

It seemed pointless and stupid... a real anti-climax. I have no idea why they would ever look forward to going to something that only makes them feel inferior. The public talk was excuse after excuse why no-body was scriptually approved by the society to partake in the offerings. I simply pasted the plate like the rest of the goats/sheep and vower never to return to their false worship

The words, "do this in memory of me" seems so simple.

Jesus did not say, "only those that unlock the hidden secrets in a collection of books that have not been compiled yet, may do this in memory of me"
    • I disliked the fact that every JW witness I talked too offered the same ideals and ideas. They were carbon copies of each other, which offered very little in the way of conversation. All elders were the same, all drones were the same, all the women seemed the same.
    • I never became a JW for the above reasons.
  • UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

(removed)

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

(removed, posted twice by accident... argh!)

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Nothing in particular drove me out, but one thing that did raise a red flag in my head was the whole Child Molestation scandal. They seemed to poo poo anybody who claimed to have been molested and dismiss them as an "apostate" when odds are, one of those kids got molested for real and they didn't want to admit it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit