Which Doctrine Convinced You That This Wasn't Right

by ignorance is strength 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

What WT doctrine convinced or made you doubt your faith in the WTBTS?

For me it was the 144,000 and the nature of Christ's resurrection. i seriously could not believe that there were two classes of Christians when it was not stated implicitly in the bible, but was expected to be believed in as absolute truth.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Many things, but mainly that the faithful and discreet slave parable was not what we had been told............it's just a parable. Also that the "signs" of the last days are not signs of the end.

• English Patient
    English Patient

The Faithful and Discreet 'Slave'

What a load of old rubbish!

How could these sad old men possibly be God's spokesmen? How could Jesus have annointed them in 1919 after reading all the rubbish they were bringing out?

I can't believe I ever fell for it - but I was raised in it... thats a good enough excuse isn't it?

• Bryan
    Bryan

The whole chronology of the bible makes me second guess; not nessecerily why I left.

The bible says man is 6,000 years old.

Science says man is was over 30,000 years old. And why does the bible lean so far to the man's rights as opposed women? Could it be because it was written in the Middle East?

Bryan

• English Patient
    English Patient
    Could it be because it was written in the Middle East?

In some parts of the middle east, the women are treated very well. Few countries in the middle east treat women as badly as western media like to point out.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I couldn't accept that the incarceration and later release of Rutherford and a handfull of other watchtower execs was somehow a fulfillment of bible prophecy. The chronology they surrounded it with was a joke too. Seems like they were really reaching.

• Xena
    Xena

finding out 607 was bogus....it collapsed the entire 1914 doctrine...

downhill from there

• Room 215
    Room 215

Of all WTBTS teachings, the Faithful & Discreet Salve dogma is by far the most muddled, fanciful and unworthy of serious consideration. On the one hand, they've used the adjective ``1900-year-old" to apply to the FDS and claim an unbroken line of ``wheatlike" members of the elite group from Pentecost to the present time; on the other, they claim the FDS to be a latter-day manifestation, a time-of-the-end appointment or restoration of true worship at about 1918, on the basis of the purported ``quality of the spiritual food'' (The Finished Mystery!?!) they were dispensing at the time-- yet they also say the remnant was at about the same time in trouble with the Lord, enduring ``Babylonish captivity" and were still tainted with Babylonish practices, hence in ``sackcloth and ashes" like the Two Witnesses of Revelation 11!."

What an indigestible mess!

• shotgun
    shotgun

The changing doctrines did it for me, not one doctrine inparticular.

• FMZ
    FMZ

I don't think it is necessarily a doctrine, but the first thing I found out about the WTS was the U.N. thing. I didnt need any other ammo, I was outta there. It was only after that that I found out about the even worse stuff in Malawi etc.

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit