The WT wrecking ball's in action again

by FreeWilly 18 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Well my folks seem determined to drive what remains of their family right off the cliff! I should have known better, but after enduring various insults after explaining why I won't attend the memorial, I too off the gloves. I threw the UN scandal into the mix. My mom doubted it's accuracy so I gave her the proof right from the UN website. The converstaion ended with her disgusted by my explaination for not believing the witnesses.

Today I speak with my father. After some small talk he feels compelled to inform me that I am an apparent threat. I asked why? He proceeds to tell me that due to my thinking they feel I am a threat. I guess I always knew, but I felt amazed that people could feel so threatened simply by the someone elses thoughts or opinions. I believe it's not fear, but discrimination that is instilled into witnesses. The Society is constantly reinforcing the idea that "they are the only ones" doing God's will. All others are somehow being mislead by Satan.

In a futile last ditch I reason with him that my relationship and "thinking" were between me and God. I cautioned him on placing a human organization above family. No amount of reason will penetrate. He brought up a document that Mormons allegedly used to try to win favor with the Nazi's. I asked him what should this make a Mormon conclude? "That God's spirit is not with this religion". I noted the similar language in the "Declaration of facts" that the Society used to try to win favor with the Nazi's. Somehow this did not qualify - human imperfection.

Over the years their family ties have slowly withered away. Sure the void is filled by equally destitute JW's at the hall. Their common sufferings actually make them more insular and dependant on their group. And incredibly, they feel they are being attacked!!

It's too bad, mostly for them. They are going to be strung along by this publishing company till the day they die.

Oh well, just venting, Thanks for listening

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

sorry freewillly,

your story rang all kinds of bells--this seems to be the typical picture of many in the Org today. They feel if they aren't suffering they must be doing something wrong--in fact I remember hearing that at the meetings--if things are going well for you something must be wrong. Seems like suffering is a badge of honor somehow in the Org. Yes, the old saying rings too true in the Org--"misery loves company."

It is sad to see those close to you in such a state of denial. I am truly sorry for the ones stuck in there--it is a painful prison, but the escape locks are from the inside. I found it is near impossible to break in and rescue someone.

I used to have some rabbits in the backyard. they were always trying to escape and occasionally they would get out of the cage, but then they would just stand there scared and not knowing what to do--strange analogy I know , but it's late and it just popped out of my brain.

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

freewilly,
    your experience is exactly that everybody will make with JW's. They are taught to close their conscience and leave it in Brooklyn.

I am thinking to write a book with the title " Brooklyn's Conscience Crime".

I am very much disappointed that Brooklyn is discriminating other religions with their behavior in political affairs. And their own acting is swept under the rug. I notyfied that since the UN-case came to the light, they never mention the UN anymore. Neither in the WT from June 2004, nor now in the WT with the 666 beast.

Their utterance like " we dont want to make rumours" regarding what will happen next is a fake regarding all their roumours about what they have foretold and what did not happen.

They know nothing but all what they know they know by 150 %.

It would suit them nice to confess what BS they have tauhgt, done and hidden. For me it is impossible to believe that such organisation that is shaping its history like the WTS is conducted by the holy ghost.

I am convinced that this religion is very near to the truth but they failed the targets and their managers took place on a chair which does not belong to them.

When Christ will come in the future he will beat the slave into 2 pieces. perhaps one peace will be good enough. but the other one will come to an end.

peoples, watch further to the UN. They plan to widen out their security councel up to 10 permanent members. Maybe that those 10 members then will be the 10 final kings over the earth. they have today already a kingship : Over Afghanistan, over Kosovo and rather soon over Iraque.

I too know nothing, but I think that the holy bible has a great value.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Hi FW:

Thanks for sharing that very personal account with us. I, too, feel like that. Nothing can make a hard-core JW examine his/her faith. They tow the company line. My Mom, who is very hard-core and has hated me from the day I was born, is like that. Her IQ is around 150 or so, and she *still* can't see this for what it is. It's very discouraging. I asked her once, point-blank, that if the UN sent her a personal letter saying the dubs were part of it, would she believe it? She said no. Then she hung up on me. See, she DOESN'T WANT her personal denial invaded. She makes it plain and clear to me that she will BE one until she dies. That's it. No if's, and's or but's about it.

I wrote her one night, when I got the guts up to do it. I wrote her an email telling her all the hurt I felt, and how confused I was, and how saddened I was by our loss of contact that we had. I also finally confronted her about things that happened to me as a child that she could have helped. She didn't respond to me, but I found out later that she cried and talked to other family members about it. She doesn't call me, nor does she respond to emails. It's very painful. My Father is very faithful to her, and he loves her alot. He came at Thansgiving and told me that she and my brother wouldn't be coming because they had had a "change of heart" about it. The previous year she had told my Father that I invited everyone except them because I was "doing it on purpose." I guess, to hurt them. She's always attributed these emotions to me when I actually don't have them. I merely saved myself the grief and didn't invite them because I knew they wouldn't come, so why bother? When I confronted her about that, she did not deny it, but said that "Daddy shouldn't tell what goes on in private married conversations." Well, Dad did. I made a change that year and and invited her and my brother, and held the Thanksgiving celebration on the NEXT day so that they could be there. We had a very good time and everyone was so peaceful and relaxed. We were all there and we felt good being together. We played board games, took pictures, and all the kids and grandkids were so happy. I felt complete.

I remember when I was growing up, that Dad (who was never a Witness) would close his restaurant for Thanksgiving and be home. Us kids were home, so Mom made a nice turkey dinner since it was "so cheap." We always had Thanksgiving, even though, God forbid, we shouldn't be THANKFUL. She said it was because the turkey was so cheap.

In October, I invited my JW brother, who has a terminal illness, to a C&W concert. Alan Jackson, the king of CW right now. The previous year, he had saved up a bunch of money and taken us two sisters to see Kenny Chesney, and we so totally enjoyed ourselves, that I thought I would like to repay his kindness and take him to see a concert. He loves country music, as does the rest of our family. We all grew up on rock and roll, but our Father loved C&W, always played it around the house and in the cars, and after we all got growed up, we all listen to that now. Funny how that works. So, Alan Jackson was coming to town, so I bought 5 tickets, for myself, my brother, and three others. I gave a ticket to my Mom, since she couldn't afford to go with us, and the other tickets were purchased by my sister and her boyfriend. My ill brother was so very happy, that's all that counted. We met at an Italian restaurant and shared food and it was so very great. When we got to the concert, my brother told me that my Mother was very apprehensive, because she didn't think it was "christian" to go to that concert. Her apprehension was alleviated when she saw Sister McDonald, who is a big country fan, at the concert. Amazing how a Christian conscience can be assuaged (is that the right word?) when someone else is "doin it." She was okay after that.

Well, C&W performers are NOTORIOUS for being patriotic. He sang a song about halfway into the program about the victims of the 9/11 attack. Here's the song:

Where were you when the world stopped turning that September day
    Out in the yard with your wife and children
    Working on some stage in LA
    Did you stand there in shock at the sight of
    That black smoke rising against that blue sky
    Did you shout out in anger
    In fear for your neighbor
    Or did you just sit down and cry

Did you weep for the children
    Who lost their dear loved ones
    And pray for the ones who don't know
    Did you rejoice for the people who walked from the rubble
    And sob for the ones left below

Did you burst out in pride
    For the red white and blue
    The heroes who died just doing what they do
    Did you look up to heaven for some kind of answer
    And look at yourself to what really matters

I'm just a singer of simple songs
    I'm not a real political man
    I watch CNN but I'm not sure I can tell you
    The difference in Iraq and Iran
    But I know Jesus and I talk to God
    And I remember this from when I was young
    Faith hope and love are some good things he gave us
    And the greatest is love

Teaching a class full of innocent children
    Driving down some cold interstate
    Did you feel guilty cause you're a survivor
    In a crowded room did you feel alone
    Did you call up your mother and tell her you love her
    Did you dust off that bible at home
    Did you open your eyes and hope it never happened
    Close your eyes and not go to sleep
    Did you notice the sunset the first time in ages
    Speak with some stranger on the street
    Did you lay down at night and think of tomorrow
    Go out and buy you a gun
    Did you turn off that violent old movie you're watching
    And turn on "I Love Lucy" reruns
    Did you go to a church and hold hands with some stranger
    Stand in line and give your own blood
    Did you just stay home and cling tight to your family
    Thank God you had somebody to love

And the greatest is love

And the greatest is love

The greatest is love
    The greatest is love

So when this song comes on, the whole audience is standing, and crying. My whole family is standing and crying, except these two. These Jehoovers. I actually saw Mom raise her hand and make a "shoo" motion. Luckily for my sister and her boyfriend, they stood. I would never respect her if she hadn't. She had enough class to actually stand and give respect for the song, and the firemen, and the law enforcement officers, and everyone and anyone who died that day, and everyone that helped that day. They deserved it. But nooooooo.... they had to sit down because of the lyrics "I know Jesus, and I talk to God". How stupid. I was so disgusted. Like it's REAL bad to talk to Jesus and God. If aren't a Hoover, you CANT DO THAT.

So, at Thanksgiving, which I was holding the day AFTER so they could come.. here comes Dad and tells me that Mom and brother arent coming because their conscience is bothering them. How convenient. I said she would NOT do that to her brothers and sisters in the congregation and she should NOT do it to me. Dad called me in the other room and said I was causing "divisions." gee... I wonder where he heard that. He is a Greek Orthodox and has no clue about these little nuances. He asked me, begged me, to apologize to my Mother. I said no. I did not do anything wrong. I said that if I didn't rate being called and told that they weren't coming, I didn't rate being told about it. That if she didn't think enough of me to tell me herself, she didn't think of me at all.

The next day she calls and it is very apparent that she is being MADE to call me to apologize. Dad made her call. He is very persuasive. It is very apparent that she does not WANT to call, but she has to. I acknowledged her apology, but openly said "Well, you seem to think that it is okay to treat your children like ordinary hoodlums. The reason that I *had* Thansgiving the day after is because of you. YOu complained the year before last that I was doing it purposely." She said that she did, that Daddy was telling stuff he wasn't supposed to, and that it was true. I asked her if she would treat her JW buddies like that, and she had no answer, cuz she wouldn't. She just said that her conscience was bothering her. I said "It doesn't seem to bother your conscience to treat your family members like crap." She hung up on me. What can you say to that?

So for several months I haven't talked to her. We can't have family get togethers because I am an apostate. She already told me that. She hasn't called me, nor do I expect her to. Our family is so interconnected taht if I invite all of them out here, if i don't invite her it will be too wierd and they all won't come. I miss my Mom, but mostly I miss her for what she could have been. She *is* an awesome person, don't get me wrong. She is smart, funny and talented. She taught me a lot of good stuff... when she wasn't being a JW. She is a good person, and she truly loves her religion. She will defend it to the death, and therein lies the problem. She is so wrong. I wish I could convince her of that, but hte more I try to convince her, the wronger I get.

I miss and love you Mom, if you ever read this.

Love

Country Girl

• Sirona
    Sirona

(((Country Girl))))

Thanks for sharing that. I can understand where you are coming from on this. My mum does talk to me, but there is a massive chasm between us that is created by the Watchtower. We argue about it and she speaks to me like I'm "evil" or something.

There seems to be that conflict within JWs where they don't want to upset us by openly saying that we're a bad associate, but then they show us their true feelings about this by our actions. Its infuriating to have them back out of an invitation at the last minute, and for them to not even admit the true reason for it. A bothersome conscience is the only way they can express it, until you push and push for the truth. Then, it is shocking to hear them lose their temper and truly say what they feel. This happened to me the other week, my JW mother who is usually quite guarded actually lost her temper with me, and when she did her true feelings about me came out. To her I'm twisted and negative, a weak person whose sole aim in life is to "stop her going to the hall". That isn't true, but that is what she thinks.

Sirona

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry for your pain, freewilly, CG and others.

I've already "fought" my battles with my family long before I faded. With child abuse and alcohol issues in my family, I experienced the depth of denial in their psyches. In the end, I had to acknowledge and protect myself from the danger they presented to ME emotionally and spiritually. I felt so much better when I started protecting myself from their attacks rather than thinking it was my Christian duty and that somehow there was something wrong with me.

((((((hugs}}}} to all

Remember to love and protect yourself.

Blondie

• Brother Beyond
    Brother Beyond

Like so many of you here on this site, I too have faced rejection by friends and family just because my thinking is now different to theirs. I have been accused of apostasizing, yet how can this be? The definition of apsotacy acording to the scriptures is a person who rejects Christ or God, and speak out against them., I have never spoken against Christ or God!

Yet again the borg have twisted actual scripture to include anyone who speaks out against the organization as an apostate! It is prohibited to say anything negative about the organization, even if what you say is true.

This is a 'truth' based on lies!!

BB

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Blondie: In the end, I had to acknowledge and protect myself from the danger they presented to ME emotionally and spiritually. I felt so much better when I started protecting myself from their attacks...

Sadly, I have begun to "write them off". They're not the same people they once were. Were it not for a younger sibling I would probably have little to do with them.

• blondie
    blondie

Freewilly, what you find out is not that they have changed, you have finally opened your eyes and see them as they have always been. You might find yourself thinking back to past events and wondering why you didn't see those personality traits in them then.

You lived in the land of denail and now have stepped away. First, they try and pull you back in and say the words/do the deeds of previous times. You upset their comfortable positions. You make them look at the mess/lies/pain. If that doesn't work, then they shut you out and put up a protective barrier and warn others in the land of denial not to talk to you, not to listen.

And that is just in an alcoholic family.

Keep healing, freewilly, you will find healthy ways to love and healthier people to love.

Blondie

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Blondie,

Although what you say is likely true for many, my folks became witnesses later in life. I've seen them go from a relatively normal couple to judgemental pessimistic and miserable. Who knows, maybe they were predesposed to that all along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit