Found a Second Aircraft Owned by The WT

by Gerard 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gadget
    Gadget

I think there might be something odd here. Firstly, why the president was on this flight if it was a business trip for preaching. And secondly, if it was for preaching its not the most effective way seen as the qoute above shows that theres only 2 permanant residences there. And theres also the coincidence of how it happened twice, both times at fishing lodges. Lady Lee made a good point about how undeveloped it is. Would that mean the best runways would probably be where the money people were, businessmen flying in to go fishing? And Runways in some other villages would be in a lot worse condition than the ones where the plane was damaged? How unfortunate that out of all the hundreds of villages visited by the president the only place it would get damaged was at a fishing lodge. Twice.

• obiwan
    obiwan

Having lived in Alaska, I know first hand how difficult it is to get around the state. Granted, there are situations where stops at fishing camps have been noticed, but alot of towns are based around these fishing camps, it is thier economy of sorts. It does supplement the towns income. I have known several men (brothers) to die in single engine planes, hence the two prop plane.

Most of Alaska is only accessible by plane, so I have to give LL the nod and agree with this not being one of those HUGE scandals.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe completely that the WT is corrupt to the bone! I don't support it one bit, but I'm also not going to give the WT fuel and give them reason to throw out the "persecution" issue. If I find something, I want it to have teeth, some real substance to it.

• link
    link

The issue here is not is it wrong for the Society to own airplanes, but is it wrong for senior members of the Society to use the amenities paid for and provided by the junior members, for their own R + R. For these senior people to make a scheduled stop at a place with only one or two inhabitants IMHO does not really sound as if it was a business trip.

For those of you who are comfortable with this explanation then so be it.When I was in the military, my C.O. would never have believed me if I had come up with such a story (particularly if I were holding my fishing gear ).

link

• Gerard
    Gerard

Just noticed the WT transferred title/sold their second Alaskan airplane (Cessna 402B Registered N710WS) . I guess the GB members have to settle for fishing off the Hudson river instead of Alaska.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNumSQL.asp?NNumbertxt=710WS&cmndfind.x=10&cmndfind.y=14

Gerard (Kicking the old skeleton of this dead horse)

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Look at Juneau, the capital. Do you see any highways going there?

Good point Blondie.

Yes, Juneau, the capital of Alaska, is surrounded by mountains and water and is not accessible by land.

In fact, commerical pilots in Alaska have a unique exemption from the FAA to allow them to transport passengers without an instrument rating (IFR). Most of the remote airports don't even have a paved runway, let alone a control tower so in most areas instruments are not even used, it all done by Visual Flight Rules (VFR).

Personally, I'm surprised the Society doesn't have more planes in remote locations like that. The mail, food and everything else is typically flown in to remote cities. Having a plane in Alaska is NOT a luxury.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit