Found a Second Aircraft Owned by The WT

by Gerard 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• kls
    kls

Gerard, thanks for the post some of us don't know these things and would like to, so keep up youre searching and posting.

• kls
    kls

NOSFERATU, you are so funny ,that is the first i have smiled in two days, Thanks

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Alaska is a very remote place. Most areas of the state cannot be accessed by roads. There aren't any. The only way to travel is by boat or plane.

To do any preaching work a boat or a plane would be essential. And considering the distances that anyone would have to travel to contact even 1 person the plane would be much more practical.

As much as I want to find the scandals I don't think this is one. The COs and DOs would only be able to travel this way and in the long run owning their own small plane up there would probably be better (smarter and more cost effective) than trying to hire a plane to take them to some of the most remote regions

People have their own runways and many people have seaplanes. When we were in Alaska planes were almost as common as boats at the ports we stopped in.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I have to agree with Uzzah on this one. A plane in Alaska, big deal, that's pretty much the cost of doing business up there.

Of course, the WTS is a business, after all. If you do enough business in the far north, it makes sense to own a plane (as opposed to flying charter all the time).

There are enough REAL scandals with WT, we don't need to go creating "straw men". Let's keep our message clear -- as clear as their business plan. ;)

That's not to say I don't find this piece of information interesting, though. I just don't think it's particularly damning.

• JeffT
    JeffT

My brother lived in Alaska for a number of years. As a simple matter of getting around he got his pilot's license and bought his own plane. I agree this is interesting, but not a scandal. I wouldn't be at all surprized to hear that they have some in Africa, S. America, and Australia as well.

• heathen
    heathen

Look , people move to alaska to get away from the WTBTS , they don't need to buy a plane to beat people over the head with their dogma , they do have a web site . I'd like to know why if anything they didn't simply get a single prop cesna , alot less expensive than the twin prop plains and lower maintenance . Just for the sake of argument here .

You did have me LMAO off with the just in time for fishing season comment .

• Atilla
    Atilla

Is it just me or does that front tire on the plane look a little low, someone should really tell them about it, ah nevermind

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I wonder how many bags of Maui Wowie they can fit in the luggage bin

• boa
    boa

BTW folks - I do believe there is a reason this is a 2 prop plane.

I knew of a bro who used to do northern witnessing in canada with his single prop plane until the society specified 2 prop only please due to the extra safety margin in case of an engine failure.

Its the story I heard about this bro's former high-flying days volunteering for remote witnessing, take it or leave it.

And otherwise, I agree with all those who felt this was a non-issue (no offense to the thread or the efforts being made to keep a finger on the wts pulse). Quite simply, according to circumstances this org will use what they can and have to, to reach the public with their preaching (selling).

boa

• blondie
    blondie

If you take a map out of Alaska, you will see how few highways there are connecting most of the state. Air travel is a fact of life for many to get to certain areas. How many saw the show Northern Exposure (ostensibly in Alaska). One of the characters made a living transporting people and goods all over Alaska. Look at Juneau, the capital. Do you see any highways going there?

The WTS is a corporation doing business. They think it is God's business. I had first hand connection with JWs who were pilots/JWs who visited various congregations as well as isolated groups and individuals all over Alaska.

Good analogy about the trucks the WTS has purchased and used.

Just the cost of doing business, folks.

Edited so not to offend anyone.

(Not to discourage your research)

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit