Found a Second Aircraft Owned by The WT

by Gerard 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

We don't know what they were doing in these fishing lodges. But also

Gerard.

I'm sorry but if they were going to Churchill I wouldn't necessarily assume they are going to hunt polar bears or to Alaska's inside passage I wouldn't assume it is a sight-seeing tour. They could be going to preach or deliver literature. Your post says there is a village. Why assume they are just going for the fishing?

I agree it looks "fishy" (sorry about the pun) but.. I guess I would need more than that. Now if the article you quoted said they were on a fishing trip that might be a bit differnet. But it only says they are goint to a fishing village. It does however say it was a "business trip"

I do think it is odd the president went on this trip but not enough proof for me. Sorry.

Maybe I want the smoking fish

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

The Society spending money just so those poor people in Alaska will get to hear the 'good news'?

Shame they're not so quick to buy vehicles for African JWs so they don't have to walk for days to an assembly. Of course if they did they wouldn't have a stick to browbeat JWs in developed countries.

-

Ignored One.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Gerard. You do good work, but I think your're flogging a dead horse fish here.

• Gerard
    Gerard

I know it's dead horse. After all, St. Peter was a fisherman, good JWs must follow his example! Fishing

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Gerard

Now THAT is cute

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Gerard, I'm glad to see you introduce some levity.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I for one would thank Gerard for his detective work, although this is, so far, not a scandal on a par with the UN.

The Society is not slow to use the best of "This old world" in order to achieve its aims. This following instance came back to mind.

w77 9/1 p. 533 Developing Spiritual Interests in Malaysia ***
    The work of Jehovah?s Christian witnesses began here in the 1930?s. Among the first Witnesses to settle in Malaya (now Malaysia) was a Dutch-Ceylonese couple, Harris and Freda Frank. While touring in 1931, a representative of the Watch Tower Society made contact with this couple. Later, a retired army man, Jimmy James, and his family came from India to Singapore and began to witness zealously. He also contacted the Frank family in Kuala Lumpur. During the next few years a number of pioneer Witnesses from Australia and elsewhere, including an intrepid group using the Society?s mission yacht the "Lightbearer" as their base, spread the Bible?s message. They visited rubber estates and tin mines, towns and villages, elegant residential areas and the homes of the poor, talking about God?s Word and offering Bible literature in a score of languages.
  • RevMalk
    RevMalk
    I thought it was obvious that I was teasing Gerard, Rev Malk. I'm sorry if any got the wrong idea. It is so hard to put in voice inflections, and facial clues.

that is so true. I didn't mean anything bad with what I said either. Sorry to seem so critical.

Rev

• Carmel
    Carmel

No big deal here. When I lived in Alaska, I flew more than I drove! It was cheaper to hop a plane from Anchorage to Fairbanks, conduct a few hours business then fly home the same evening. Hundreds do it! Matter of fact, I still get around from here to Ak by plane. Driving would take days, weeks. Thank goodness, number two daughter works for the airlines.

carm

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Carmel Your post has triggered sometihin - a thought in me.

Few people realize how undeveloped and remote northern Canada and Alaska are. Some people have mentioned the Outback in Australia as being the same. You can drive for days before getting to any kind of small village - that is if you can find a road. The whole west coast is filled with mountains which makes the building of roads difficult. Canada's far north is undeveloped country. It wouldn't surprise me to discover that the WTS owned a few planes in Canada too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit