ANOTHER WT "RULE" - Are they kidding?

by Sirona 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

"True, all things are clean, but it is injurious to the man who with an occasion for stumbling eats. It is well not to eat flesh or to drink wine or do anything over which your brother stumbles"

I always hated those people that always had to interveen in your activities to say, "You may want to be careful others don't get stumbled because of this." I would just say, "If my doing something as simple as this stumbles them then their faith isn't very strong to begin with and if they stumble it won't be my fault. They should worry about themselves. Maybe you should spend more of your time strengthening him/her faith so that stupid things like this won't stumble them to begin with."

• Brother Beyond
    Brother Beyond

I am incensed by the whole idea of incense burning being wrong!

And as for Morris dancing???? Well I?ve always been a little worried about Morris!!

BB

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    Perhaps a person wishes to burn incense as a fragrance in his home simply to enjoy its pleasant aroma. (Proverbs 27:9) Even so, in deciding whether to burn incense, a Christian should consider certain factors. Would others in the area where you live associate the use of incense with a false religious practice?

If I decide to burn incense in my own home, then how are other people going to know about it? Unless you live in a transparent house or you invite people over frequently, I fail to see how anybody is going to notice.

• blondie
    blondie

In my day, incense was associated with "hippies" and was discouraged by the WTS, associated with the drug culture. Actually, incense has been around for centuries and was used in the same way people have those little Glade devices plugged in all over.

Just one of those "gnat" things the WTS uses to deflect attention away from the "camel" things like not reporting child abuse to the secular authorities.

Blondie

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Blondie,

The gnat - camel analogy is perfect!!!! How true!! More proof that they are becoming more Pharisaical all the time!

No Apologies

• Sirona
    Sirona

I wasnt aware of this "rule" - I use incense all the time!!

But then I am pagan... LOL

Sirona

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

So if incense can be used like Glade plug ins, does that mean they are going to outlaw the use of Glade products now?

• blondie
    blondie

Oxnard, they would if hippies started using them.

Blondie

• DIM
    DIM

This article is 10 months old and the article seems to be pretty inoffensive compared to others that they've put out. In fact, persusing through the article, they take a pretty well rounded view...I"m not sure you read the article...hmmmm....

• Sassy
    Sassy

yeah.. I always thought it was wrong simply because it was used so prevently to hide the smell of pot...

I knew more people who used it to hide drugs than I did for religous reasons..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit