ANOTHER WT "RULE" - Are they kidding?

by Sirona 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sirona
    Sirona

http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2003/6/1/article_01.htm

Does the fact that incense is used in religious ceremonies and in spiritism mean that all incense-burning is wrong? Not necessarily. Perhaps a person wishes to burn incense as a fragrance in his home simply to enjoy its pleasant aroma. (Proverbs 27:9) Even so, in deciding whether to burn incense, a Christian should consider certain factors. Would others in the area where you live associate the use of incense with a false religious practice? In your community, is incense often associated with spiritistic rituals? Or is it commonly used for nonreligious purposes?

If an individual chooses to burn incense, his decision should take into consideration both his own conscience and the feelings of others. (1 Corinthians 10:29) The words of the apostle Paul to the Romans apply. He wrote: "Let us pursue the things making for peace and the things that are upbuilding to one another. Stop tearing down the work of God just for the sake of food. True, all things are clean, but it is injurious to the man who with an occasion for stumbling eats. It is well not to eat flesh or to drink wine or do anything over which your brother stumbles. Romans 14:19-21.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

This old thig? Next you'll ask about beards. It is not a rule just trolling for guilt. If people ever learn to be shameless then the WT would become inert.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Of course it is not a joke! We must not stumble anyone, ever! Even if they so dumb that they will be stumbled by someone burning incense. It would also be wise of us, that before building a house, we seriously and prayerfully consider whether we use wood in the construction. Would we really want to stumble our loving brothers and sisters by using the same material that the crucifix was constructed from?

In short, let us be humble, and use jack-sh*t, because it is all pagan and evil in some sense.

Good luck in finding anything to eat, build with, have fun with, have sex with, or air to breathe (you know how those pagans loved to breathe).

FMZ

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i knew an elder who went out of his way to watch morris dancers(pagan ritual dancing) and wasn't the least bit bothered by what others thought about it.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Well of course incense is commonly used for non-religious purposes. When I was a teenager, we used to burn it to cover the smell of marijuana smoke.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Three scriptures the watchtower would burn if they could, for they would loose most of their influence.

Matthew 13:57

57 So they began to stumble at him. But Jesus said to them: "A prophet is not unhonored except in his home territory and in his own house."

Jeremiah 6:21

Therefore this is what Jehovah has said: "Here I am setting for this people stumbling blocks, and they will certainly stumble over them, fathers and sons together; the neighbor and his companion?they will perish."

Matthew 15:12-14

Then the disciples came up and said to him: "Do you know that the Pharisees stumbled at hearing what you said?" 13 In reply he said: "Every plant that my heavenly Father did not plant will be uprooted. 14 LET them be.

So next time people ask about stubling others quote the boss man "LET them be."

• Atilla
    Atilla

That morris dancing looks like fun!

• yxl1
    yxl1
    When I was a teenager, we used to burn it to cover the smell of marijuana smoke.

Dang, Why didnt I think of that. I used deodorant.

• English Patient
    English Patient

I even read something that they wrote about the danger of talking on a mobile phone.

• English Patient

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit