ANOTHER WT "RULE" - Are they kidding?

by Sirona 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby
    his decision should take into consideration both his own conscience and the feelings of others.

I'll just betcha not one neighbor of mines conscience would be bothered if I put up a Christmas tree or burned incense. Whadya wanna bet?

Only WEAK christians consciences are bothered by such things. I wonder why a dubs conscience is the conscience you would bother if you put up a Christmas tree or burned incense?

Gumby

• Sirona
    Sirona

DIM

I did read it. Just because they say "use your conscience" doesn't mean they're being reasonable. Why do they think they can give people *advice* about burning incense? It just demonstrates how they attempt to influence everything in a JWs life. There is hardly anything that the JW doesn't find questionable (except those things that are JW activities, of course). They do this deliberately to stifle out your LIFE and make you avoid ANYTHING that is not approved 100%

I remember so called "advice" and if you went against it people in the cong labelled you as weak.

Sirona

• akhessa
    akhessa

Most people get stumbled by having people come at their door or stand at street corners telling them that God is going to kill them if they don't side up with them. Perhaps the WT should take this in consideration in their ministry and respect for others.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I remember once as a boy my Father purchased some incense and was burning it in the house and then a Elder happened to stop by to visit and told my Father the dangers of incense burning and at that instant my father threw out all the incense into the garbage.

Needless to say my Father was reincarnated from a lemming.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Oh for Christ's sake...I've heard that same drivel since I was old enought to read the publications. Okay , before burning incense, what are you supposed to do? Take a community poll on how it will be perceived?

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

I suppose you COULD bring your Weber in the house, fill it up with a big pile of incense, and get the marshmallows ready.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Last msg xmitted before I finished. I never understood how the "fear of stumbling" others aligned with the idea of not judging others. I mean, geeze, if I see you burning incense in your home, what's the worst that can happen? I start to believe you are part of a Satanic ritualistic pagan coven? My god, if I'm that weak and that judgemental, the problem lies with ME, not with the person who just wants her house to smell good. A couple of weeks ago I talked to a shop owner about some really good incense/perfume burners that really do a fantastic job of destroying odors, using beautiful decanters. With young kids and a dog, that's important to me. I suppose I should carefully consider what impact my burning sweet smelling scents in urn might have upon others...instead of appreciating the pleasant ambiance, they might think I'm a ritualistic Satan worshipper.

• DIM
    DIM

Point well made Sirona, I see what you mean....I go back and forth with stuff like this...sometimes it doesn't seem like a huge deal to me, and other times it annoys the hell out of me....I made the mistake of calling my parents this weekend, I didn't realize it was the memorial....oh brother. Needless to say I'm in an anti-JW frame of mind this week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit