JW's BANNED IN RUSSIA - 04-01-04

by 4JWY 158 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Yeah lets ban all JWs and lock them up if they dare to preach or speak of their faith, lets really kick them hard if they try to exercise ~~~~~~~ of speech. Lock them up....all of them. Take their kids away, and create a police state, hey if we're really lucky maybe it'll spread beyond the boundary of Russia to further afield in the World...hell we can start on the Muslims, Gays, Mormons....... ...... (fill in the blank) etc etc.....

You know sometimes, just when I start to think this forum really is about helping and understanding, I see some right dips**t opinions..........from bird brained people.

Hate the JWs if you like, but can you not see beyond your own predjudices [insult removed], and the implications?

For Pete's sake.

Scoob

• sf
    sf

You know sometimes, just when I start to think this forum really is about helping and understanding, I see some right dipshit opinions..........from bird brained people.

Hate the JWs if you like, but can you not see beyond your own predjudices you Morons, and the implications?

For Petes sake.

Just what is it that you doing to try and help Scooby?

Calling names and swearing will surely help?

Sure, it's your right to view the ban as a travesty for all. Yet to go to the point of not accepting our opinions, based on extensive research and documentation, is a bit ironic. How much about the Watchtower do you really know(ledge)?

And my hopes are that your anger expressed here on this issue gets constructive, and not destructive to ones such as 4JWY. The f word does not help here. Please edit your post as the guidelines are specific in this matter.

Now as far as vitamins, I eat three Viactive daily and take a multivitamin. And I drink water like a fish.

Sincerely, sKally

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Little Witch: You are right and I realized it myself when I clicked SUBMIT - and that is something I will never again do - SUBMIT in the JW sense with all that entails!

• shamus
    shamus
    Yeah lets ban all JWs and lock them up if they dare to preach or speak of their faith, lets really kick them hard if they try to exercise freedom of speech. Lock them up....all of them. Take their kids away, and create a police state, hey if we're really lucky maybe it'll spread beyond the boundary of Russia to further afield in the World...hell we can start on the Muslims, Gays, Mormons....... ...... (fill in the blank) etc etc.....

You know sometimes, just when I start to think this forum really is about helping and understanding, I see some right dipshit opinions..........from bird brained people.

Hate the JWs if you like, but can you not see beyond your own predjudices you Morons, and the implications?

Oh.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Skally

Think for a minute if this forum was suddenly banned, be it here or Russia (if it had an audience there) Imagine the outrage you and many others would feel.

I don't subscribe to many to the views on here at all, infact i positively oppose them. But I would still deplore the fact that if this site were banned, I would see it as an infringement on free speech, and would be outraged. Please don't chuck a WT line at me that they want to see 99.9 % of the population dead at Armageddon, because I'm not following that line.

I'm talking here and now, in the present, this system, this time.

ITS WRONG and I'd say it for any group.

I think its real sad that some here have become bigger bigots than those they claim to have escaped from.

And yes I deplore swearing too.

but for Pete's sake. It makes me mad

Scoob

• Phil
    Phil

Scooby:

I recently sent a message to the editor of our local newspaper and the crux of the letter was about the Russian Ban on the JWs. My basic question was "we should be defining the word religion or religious organization" before any legislation is passed to "Ban".

As I see it the ban on the Watchtower and the Jehovahs Witnesses is not religion but a ban on effects that the organization's doctrines has on the members. In your outburst you failed to mention that the practices of the JW cult are the issue. Shunning members for exercising their freedom to reject their teachings and allowing innocent children to die because of these doctrines is the issue. Any "religious group" that follows these habits should be cause for governments to start defining religion and reject those that do not reenforce the family unit. Damaging the family unit through the practices of shunning and banning blood transfusions is cause for a government or people as a whole to not accept the Jehovahs Witnesses as a religion under the constitution. That should apply here in the good old USA.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Yes, this is a difficult one. In one sense many of us would love to see the WT disolve and go down the drain, but then again we have the whole freedom of choice thing that we all want to have. The problem with the WT is that it takes away people's freedom of choice by filling them with fear of retribution and in that sense is rather like a dictatorship. But, it is not always a choice though to join. For those born into the cult great pressure is put on them to conform and if not they are threatened and emotionally blackmailed. I saw this happen constantly and its one of the reasons I finally left--I couldn't watch the torture anymore--especially of the young ones. Most good laws are there to protect people from harming each other--this is a tricky one when it comes to the policy and doctrines of an abusive cult religion.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I answered this thread again and then erased it

What really is the point.

It exasperates me.

• AlanF
    AlanF

:Yeah lets ban all JWs

No one is advocating that. What is being advocated is that governments ban the practices of JWs and other cults that hurt people.

Do you have any objection to banning practices that hurt people?

I know perfectly well, based on past experience, that you'll take this post of mine, pick out a few things you think you can refute, and ignore the rest. You'll definitely ignore the above question.

Readers please take note. They can easily find each question or problem that Scooby ignores.

: and lock them up

No one has advocated that either. You're a liar.

: if they dare to preach or speak of their faith,

A standard strawman argument of JW apologists. Critics note that the organization that controls the worldwide community of Jehovah's Witnesses, namely, The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, which in turn controls a host of other corporations masquerading as religious bodies, is nothing but a printing corporation. It simply uses the convenient notions of "preaching" and "speaking about faith" to fool ignorant observers into thinking that the six million or so people it controls constitute a reasonable religion. It even fools the six million people it controls into thinking they're part of a reasonable, legitimate religion.

Well of course, given that Moonies and Scientologists and all manner of cults can manage to fit the U.S. governmentally specified definition of "religion", JWs fit the governmentally specified definition of a religion. But if so, JWs are in bad company. But no matter what, their practices above all else, show that they ought to be avoided at all costs by people who value their families and their friends.

The point about what the Russians did has nothing to do with the mere fact that JWs preach and speak of their faith, but that the thing they ultimately preach about -- absolute loyalty to the Governing Body, even above loyalty to God -- and the "faith" that they speak about, which once again boils down to absolute loyalty to those men in Brooklyn who claim to be "The Governing Body" -- is destructive to families and to personal relationships. That's the definition of a destructive cult.

: lets really kick them hard if they try to exercise freedom of speech.

In view of my above comments it's plain that this is a mere strawman claim, and has nothing to do with why the Russians banned JWs from Moscow.

: Lock them up....all of them. Take their kids away, and create a police state,

Another lie. No one in the Russian government, or on this board, so far as I know, is advocating that.

: hey if we're really lucky maybe it'll spread beyond the boundary of Russia to further afield in the World...

Right arm!

: hell we can start on the Muslims,

They're worse in cult terms than any Christians.

: Gays,

Have nothing to do with this. They're not a religion.

: Mormons

As long as they behave themselves and don't hurt others, leave them alone. If they hurt people, shut 'em down.

: ....... ...... (fill in the blank) etc etc.....

Ah, the slippery slope argument at its best.

: You know sometimes, just when I start to think this forum really is about helping and understanding, I see some right dips**t opinions..........from bird brained people.

How would you know? You post nothing but birdshit opinions such as I've dismembered above.

: Hate the JWs if you like,

The standard refrain of the cultist who has no real rejoinders to criticism and must rely on stereotyped "anti-prejudicial" rhetoric that, in the final analysis, has nothing to do with the cult in question. In other words, yet another straw man.

: but can you not see beyond your own predjudices you Morons,

A statement that justifies replies in kind.

Nevertheless, experience is not prejudice. In fact it's quite the opposite. You're walking along and see a pile of brown stuff on the sidewalk. A newbie might think, "Wow. A little bit of old apple pie. I'll step on it and see what happens." An experienced walker would think, "Oh shit. A pile of shit. I'll step around it."

Those who have left the JW religion on principle have stepped around the pile of shit.

: and the implications?

What implications? That the JWs will ultimately be forced by governmental and popular pressure into reforming themselves into a cult that has a chance to survive for a few more decades? There's no question that that will happen. The only question is when the most significant changes will occur, and some details of just what they'll make by way of concessions to "the world" in order to survive.

Readers will note that, if Scoobysnax responds at all to the above material, he will say nothing substantive, and will avoid every possibility of explaining his claims. This is the legacy of the cult-bound mind.

AlanF

• patio34
    patio34

According to some of the reasoning on this thread, JWs should be banned because of their destructive policies and so should other groups that are similar. Talk about a slippery slope! Should the Amish be banned because they practice shunning? Should the Christian Scientists be banned because they don't use as much medicine? Let's see, who else can we shut down? Should we ban the Catholics because they've harbored pedophiles?

Excuse me very much! I was a JW for 28 years and a Catholic before that. I'm an atheist right now. I do NOT think that JWs are as deadly as you say. I have gripes with their insular way and, of course, the blood, etc. But BAN them? What kind of government do you want?

One big problem I see in this country is intolerance. Do you have more to add to the Patriot Act?

After the "dangerous" religions are banned, then would political thought be next?

Alan, I think you're way off base and I'm very very glad you aren't in charge of making laws. Your arguments in this matter are scary. And I'm not going to semi-parse your posts to refute them. I think the general intent of banning all (in your opinion) harmful groups is clear and I think that's dangerous, radical, totalitarian, and clearly intolerant and wrong.

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit