JW's BANNED IN RUSSIA - 04-01-04

by 4JWY 158 Replies latest jw friends

• toreador
    toreador
    XQ wrote:
    In a free society that most people idealize you are free to do harmful things to adults with their consent, and those adults are free to exhibit harmful behavior within the bounds of the law. So basically you are eroding the freedom you claim the Watchtower denies. You are making people who don?t like each other anymore be friends. I am sorry you feel being a jerk is a crime, but IT IS NOT!
    Alan F how come you can't see that you are advocating babysitting adults? This is no different than making a law that high risk groups must ware condoms during sex.

I think the problem here is not that people dont like each other anymore and dont want to be friends.. its that people are told not to like someone anymore. In many cases it is blood relatives told by the WTS they cannot remain friends with their kin because they are wicked people for leaving or even questioning the WTS (as in my case), which in most cases is a blatant lie by the WTS to protect themselves from being exposed. They have ulterior motives.

Tor

• AlanF
    AlanF

See toreador's reply for my answer to you, XQsThaiPoes.

You might also try answering the questions I posed to Amac.

Why is it that people who think the JWs are harmless are so afraid to answer questions like this?

AlanF

• shamus
    shamus

I';ll answer, Alan.

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

• Phil
    Phil

Amac

You say that the JWs do not "zap" people into joining the Watch Tower. I beg to differ. There are a lot of gullible people out there and I say with a great degree of certainty that my daughter was "zapped" into joining that crappy outfit. Only the gullable and the innocent give way to the JW methods of converting people to that cult. My daughter is an educated woman and she had a lot going for her until the Jehovahs witnesses used her then boyfriend toconvince her that the JW way is the only way. She apparently was told not to discuss the matter with her parents until the very end at which time it was too late. She now is in Patterson NY cleaning toilets and washing floors and I assume she now has declared extreme poverty as she makes about $90 per month, pays no social security. If this continues, she can look forward to retirement living at the mercy of the Watch Tower with no money from the SS Administration because she did not pay into it. I said it before in this thread that Religions need to be defined and those whose doctrines are damaging our society should be unqualified to operate as a ligitimate "Religion". Door to door prosthalatizing should be outlawed.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Hello Phil: You have a PM from a couple of days ago

XQ: Enjoy your journey.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes
    There are a lot of gullible people out there and I say with a great degree of certainty that my daughter was "zapped" into joining that crappy outfit. Only the gullable and the innocent give way to the JW methods of converting people to that cult. My daughter is an educated woman and she had a lot going for her until the Jehovahs witnesses used her then boyfriend toconvince her that the JW way is the only way.

Phill:

This is sad and funny at the same time. It sounds like you had a daughter that spent money going to college, and now you feel gypped. That?s funny. You are claiming your daughter is too "feeble minded" to exhibit her own free will. That is sad.

What if she became a Nun then she would still be educated and poor. You are making my point. Seventy years ago there was a movement to sterilize people like your daughter because people felt they were responsible for communism.

People like her are the glue that binds society people altruistic easily trained, and utilized for the gain of others. You should wake up and realized that there is nothing wrong it is what makes people human. If she tossed her ?education? to join the military and ?clean toilets? would you feel the same?

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes
    If I influenced your wife abandon you, would that be harmful to you?

It depends on the relationship. Note the Watchtower discourages separation, and condems divorce if the grounds are not adultry.

If I influenced your children to shun you, would that be harmful?

Not really. You are taking a normal dynamic of human relationships, and pretending only Jehovah's Witnesses exhibit this behavior. There are many families that do not speak to each other due to less lofty ideals than religion.

If I told lies to your mother and father and they shunned and disinherited you, would that be harmful?

If you slandered someone specifically you can be held liable. Otherwise it is your mother's problem. My great aunt (still living) is a JW we are JW's she gave her estate to an elder she liked to portion out the majority of how he liked after her death. The court said it is her money so they have to respect her wishes.

If I formed an organization whose purpose was to do the above things, should I be held legally liable in some fashion?

No. It is not a crime to advocate legal behavior.

If I formed an organization whose purpose was to do the above things to a large number of people, should the government support it by licensing it?

Yes. It is your right.

If I formed an organization for some good purpose but it gradually deteriorated into one characterized by the above odious practices, should it be banned?

No.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It would seem that XQsThaiPoes basic position is: if something bad is going on among JW's, and that bad thing also happens elsewhere apart from JW's, then no one should try to improve the situation. Perhaps his name should be XQsThStatusQuo.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Exactly!

• AlanF
    AlanF

Well, it looks like we have another JW apologist on our hands.

XQsThaiPoes wrote:

:: If I influenced your wife abandon you, would that be harmful to you?

: It depends on the relationship.

Utter nonsense. That has traditionally been condemned as homewrecking. It's pretty obvious that you either don't have a wife and don't have the capacity to love a woman, or you do have one and have no feeling for her. Except perhaps as a cook and maid.

: Note the Watchtower discourages separation, and condems divorce if the grounds are not adultry.

Watchtower speak with forked tongue. Watchtower advocate divorce for "absolute endangerment of spirituality", which mean anything Watchtower want it to mean. Me know personal how that work.

:: If I influenced your children to shun you, would that be harmful?

: Not really.

Either you have no children, you're a JW troll, or your a complete moron.

Ask that question of virtually anyone in the world and you'll get the same answer: It's an extremely harmful thing to do.

Bible say: Bad thing make children hate daddy and mommy.

: You are taking a normal dynamic of human relationships,

Wrong. Normal dynamics results in people making their own decisions about relationships. Anyone who deliberately influences a child to shun parents is a pervert.

: and pretending only Jehovah's Witnesses exhibit this behavior.

I never said that. My comments are general and include any religion that teaches such shunning.

: There are many families that do not speak to each other due to less lofty ideals than religion.

Yah. And?

:: If I told lies to your mother and father and they shunned and disinherited you, would that be harmful?

: If you slandered someone specifically you can be held liable.

I didn't know that.

: Otherwise it is your mother's problem.

As well as yours.

You not like you mommy!

It's obvious that you have no love for your parents or any of your other relatives. Pretty typical for JWs.

: My great aunt (still living) is a JW we are JW's she gave her estate to an elder she liked to portion out the majority of how he liked after her death. The court said it is her money so they have to respect her wishes.

True. But we're not talking about that. We're talking about a situation where someone tells lies and influences parents to disinherit children. There are plenty of court cases where the will was overturned when the evil influence was pointed out.

:: If I formed an organization whose purpose was to do the above things, should I be held legally liable in some fashion?

: No. It is not a crime to advocate legal behavior.

So you think it's perfectly alright for the Scientologists to cheat people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars and threaten them physically when they object.

Again, a typically self-serving JW attitude.

:: If I formed an organization whose purpose was to do the above things to a large number of people, should the government support it by licensing it?

: Yes. It is your right.

And it's the right of people to sue the pants off anyone who does that -- except that religions are peculiarly insulated from lawsuits by tradition. And that shouldn't be.

:: If I formed an organization for some good purpose but it gradually deteriorated into one characterized by the above odious practices, should it be banned?

: No.

LOL! Yup, another self-serving JW apologist.

Wait till they gore your ox, buddy. Then you'll know.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit