JW's BANNED IN RUSSIA - 04-01-04

by 4JWY 158 Replies latest jw friends

• amac
    amac

Bttt - for Alan's response...

4JWY -

If people choose to adhere to the controls and guidelines of a select group of people, that is their choice. In addition, the "multiple" controls you mentioned can pretty much be wrapped up into mind control. It is not as if people are forced into being a JW or their minds are involuntarily "zapped" into mind control.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

After I ran across some of his other posts, I regret I wasted time replying on this thread to ScoobySnax. Shouldn't have bothered. I hadn't realized he's been out here doing this for a long time now. Oh well - live & learn!

• 4JWY
    4JWY

amac: Apparently you are not familiar with how cults operate. Have you researched this subject?

Are children who are born into the JW religion, given the freedom of making a choice of how their mind is being trained? Prior to the 18 year old mark, that is? Do you know how many young ones LEAVE at that age? Do you know how many parents threaten their young adults with having to move out of home if they do not conform to the mind control beyond that age? Friends in our hall knew their children were literally going to live under a bridge if they chose not to accept the mindset any longer. Do you think that is a healthy atmosphere for a young mind to develop under? This happens in every congregation in the world so I doubt you can deny it.

• amac
    amac
    amac: Apparently you are not familiar with how cults operate. Have you researched this subject?

The condescension on this list can be so tiresome...yes, I am familiar with it, was raised as a JW, full time service 6 years, served at Bethel, blah blah, blah blah, blah blah.

Are children who are born into the JW religion, given the freedom of making a choice of how their mind is being trained? Prior to the 18 year old mark, that is?

There are many ultra religous people in this country who indoctrinate their children and demand strict adherance to moral guidelines and rules. That does not give the government right to legislate their parenting tactics. Are you proposing that all children have the right to decide for themselves how their mind is trained? Don't tell that to a mob of parents, you might get attacked...

• kls
    kls

Why would the the cult lawyers want to appeal? This is what they want ,to be persecuted.and have religion banned. Is this not what they preach that these things must come to pass before the end. They should be happy and looking for more.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

amac:

I have discovered that when a person is in a "cult" - as we were all our lives - we didn't know it as such at the time. Did you know the organization you were serving in at Bethel and blah, blah, blah - was utilizing the methods of control that makes it synonomous with a cult? I didn't. But I do now. I am not quite sure what angle you really come from in having left the organization.

In any case, I think you might find interesting the August 8, 1988 Awake with the cover article of, "IS YOUR RELIGION A MATTER OF CHOICE?" Of course it was an issue we were presenting to people at the doors to try to get THEM to examine THEIR beliefs/religion and not be afraid to make a change if it was a religion they had been BORN INTO, like many here. I was intriqued to read it NOW, with a new mindset and I swear, someone on the writing staff was actually addressing it to JW's to make them think and get out of the cult.

I mention it here because it addresses the thought of what we teach our children should they be able to make their own choices in beliefs.

In this post I wasn't addressing the banning aspect. I think that has been covered well already. I don't purport to have the answer.

As far as condescension - it comes along with the JW territory - some were trained well I guess :)

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I can only hope that the West learn from this example. If I were in Russia, I would publicly celebrate in full view of the local hall. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

I hit POST too soon -

interesting too: for any who'd care to - check at thesaurus.com under the word, INCULCATE

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

4JWY I will admit first hand I may be a sociopath. What is your problem being in a cult? Are all JWs so dumb they don't know it is a cult? Do you people own dictionaries?

That off my chest there is nothing wrong with using mind control technology with in bounds of the law. What you don't understand is the governments of the world employ the same technology. In America the government is relatively inert, but in other lands you have compulsory military service. The military is worse than the watchtower ever will be. You are naive to think that thought control is limited to religion. It is just a stimulus to get a response.

I think the anti-cult movement is silly. It shows that people are not living in the real world. They actually believe that they have rights and freedoms (the results of mind control). In reality they are renting them. As soon as they can't pay the price their freedoms will be taken from them. It is not an anarchy (yet) people you still are under the yoke of the respective powers that be. The Watchtower is vying for position as one of them. The only question left is why deny them the privilege?

• amac
    amac
    In this post I wasn't addressing the banning aspect. I think that has been covered well already. I don't purport to have the answer.

I'm still trying to cover the thread topic of the banning of JWs in Russia as there are still points I'd like to discuss. Namely, the reasons why AlanF and others consider the JWs dangerous enough to ban. AlanF are you still following this? If so, it would be nice to see your response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit