Moscow Bans JW's

by HoChiMin 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

Go Putin, now I understand why he got 93% of the vote. I totally support the ban, maybe it will force the Dubs to be more leniant in their shunning practices and their attitudes towards family relations. They will have to prove to Russian authorities that they no longer break up families. Also, more money wasted by legal disputes, I love it.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Dansk

Shall we suppress and ban everything that doesn't meet with your approval? Or is it another Utopia you're looking for?

The NF can hardly be compared with Jehovah's Witnesses........ I fail to see the conection you are tryintg to make.

Over to you....

Scoob

• JH
    JH

For what real reason do you think Russia is doing this?

• heathen
    heathen

One thing I hate more than anything on this planet are totalitarian governments that interfere with rights and freedoms of some poor slob who's only wish in life is to worship God as he sees fit . I don't think the WTBTS is a threat to national security they are non violent and peaceful, sure they are a little strange with their beliefs but there is no reason for a government to condemn them . I think it absurd that anybody would think they are worth the effort to legally justify a ban .

• sf
    sf

I'm in total agreement with Dansk on this.

And I applaude the decision.

sKally

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

heathen

What a shame some others here don't or can't see the same.

Russia is doing this JH because they have an extremely closed society composed of politcal and orthodox components working closely together. Unlike the west, anything they see as different is a threat to them.

To rejoice on a ban on JWs or any other group is a travesty of justice........and a bit worrying too.

Scoob

• sf
    sf

If you could only WITNESS how much I am rejoicing right now...

Praise JAWS!!

sKally

• Scully
    Scully

Outlawing a religion never has the results that are intended. What this has done is feed the JWs persecution complex - it gives them more "proof" that they are The Truth?. It draws international attention and pleas for support from organizations who are committed to the principles of freedom of worship and freedom of religious expression - which adds to the "proof" that they have Jehovah's Blessing? when they have legal victories.

The WTS has become enshrined as a leader in the human rights arena, as they create legal precedents and historical marks in support of the religious freedoms of all people that are difficult to overturn. The irony in this is that the very freedoms they seek are denied to their members who no longer wish to follow the WTS. And the WTS has already sealed its position in that arena as well.... they have established legal precedents that state that whatever the internal disciplinary measures are of a religious organization, the member agrees to abide by them when they join and are subject to them when they wish to leave even when they did not understand the ramifications of them at the time of their joining the group.

In the matters of The WTS v. Government and The WTS v. The Little Guy, the WTS indeed has its cake and gets to eat it too.

Moscow isn't doing the world a favor when it outlaws the JWs.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

You "applaud" that decision do you sf?........

Applaud. What a state to get in. You applaud suppresion of basic human rights. You give the thumbs up to the crushing of any dissention. You uphold a government that regularly flouts human rights. After all its not just JWs, its any group that doesn't subscribe to the Russian Orthodox Church or the Government.

........and you applaud that?

Tragic.

Scoob

• Aikon
    Aikon

I am with agreement with Scooby on this..............

JH. All this was started by the Russian Orthodox Church with an alliance of the political party,due to the fact the JW dont vote and and Putin is not happy about this.

Russia is once again returning to a toltarian state "DO as you are told". and this we wish on no one.

Lets not forget how many JW were exiled to Siberia in 1950 because they would not follow the state.

All peoples of ALL faiths, should have the basic RIGHT, to worship their own gods.....

Aikon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit