Be merciful, even as your heavenly Father is merciful

by kes152 19 Replies latest jw friends

• kes152
    kes152

"O the happiness of those that are merciful, since they will be shown mercy." (Matthew 5:7)

"O the happiness of those who are pure in heart, since they will see God." (Matthew 5:8)

If you are merciful to others, God will be merciful to you. He will give you his Son, so that you who are toiling and loaded down, may be REFRESHED, even as he says:

"Come to ME, all you who are toiling and loaded down and I will REFRESH you. Take MY yoke upon you and learn from ME, for I am mild-tempered and LOWLY in heart, and you will find refreshment for your souls. For my yoke is kindly, and my load is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

All of us are lacking in wisdom and being in this world, ALL of us NEED refreshment. Religion, men, the world and everything in it has beaten us down. There is One whom we ALL may come to and find "rest" if we truly want it. He is "not far off from any one of us" (Acts 17:27; Jeremiah 23:23).

If you are merciful to others, he, out of the immense KINDNESS of his heart will be merciful to YOU. If you 'call out' for him, and give forth your voice, he will come to you, and he will open your ears, that you may hear him. In that day you will see the GREAT mercy he has for you, and you TRULY will be happy. Your happiness will be so great that NO ONE can take it away from you. In that day you will KNOW that He is in union with his Father, and his Father is in union with him, and he is in union with YOU, and YOU are in union with Him (John 14:20). He will make his words KNOWN to you and you will come to 'know' him (Proverbs 1:23).

He said, "Sanctify them by means of truth; your word is truth. Just as you have sent me forth into the world, I also have sent them forth into the world. And I am sanctifying myself in THEIR behalf that they may be sanctified by means of truth." (John 17:17-19)

We are held sacred by means of truth. The Christ, the 'word' of God, is the truth. He sanctifies himself in OUR behalf that we may be sanctified by means of him. Therefore, let us go forth to him and receive from his fullness; for he is FULL of undeserved kindness and truth, and he adds NO pain with it (John 1:14; Proverbs 10:22; James 1:5).

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

HI Kes,

Interesting quotes from the NWT Bible ... wouldn't it be nice if the Watchtower leaders lived by those glowing words? - Amazing

• Suzyque
    Suzyque

I wish my sister-in-law and her family was merciful. She has not seen or spoken to her own brother for about 7 years because he left the borg about 12 years ago. Then she stopped getting together with my children and I because as she put it, "We can't do much with you guys because of her brother (my husband) not being a JW." At the time the children and I were active JW's and she still didn't want to associate with us often. My daughter who was only 9 yrs. old at the time told me that she didn't think that they were true Christians because they didn't show true love to their own family. As Jesus said, "Out of the mouth of babes," and now I have been out of the borg for about 3 months. I am so happy and so glad I'm away from such a unloving and hypocritical organization.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You can't be mercyful toward horrible evil apostates who question or oppose the organization!!!!!!

They can "reason" (BS) their way around any scripture.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Thanks kes for the scriptural soothers.

And welcome Suzyque, you really ARE a newbie, out only 3 months! Congrats, and I'm sorry to say I probably would've come too close to acting like your SIL back in the JW days. Shameful, but true. Now that I think about it, it really WAS hard, feeling PULLED in both directions ALL the time (WT v. 'worldly family' back and forth, heart v. brain, back and forth), and always the guilt guilt guilt in one directiion or the other. The psychological stress has got to catch up with 'em all, sooner or later.

Perceptive child you've got there! ;-)

Abbagail

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I read the old testament and I see no mercy whatsoever. Judgement, death, murder, rape, pillage, it goes on and on. So what happened to god in between the two so that all of a sudden he now is loving and merciful? Jesus (if he existed) according to scripture, taught love and acceptance. Then after his death and so-called resurrection his later spokesmen got right back to the devisive judgements (notably Paul). Now I may be "only" a woman, but my IQ is very high, and I've read the bible 7 times, 6 of them the NWT and one time another one which I cannot remember the model.

My experience with christians has been the same, jugemental, gossiping, cliquish. I have gone to their churches, and I interact with them often. And I am not acting antagonistically towards them, either. So I just want to know, in all honestly, where is the merciful god? And please protect me from your followers who want to get in my business and make sure that I look like they do and that I live like they want me to, and who want to pass laws ensuring that their way is the only way, and lastly, want to label me a flake because I don't believe their way.

Gretchen

• gumby
    gumby
    If you are merciful to others, he, out of the immense KINDNESS of his heart will be merciful to YOU. If you 'call out' for him, and give forth your voice, he will come to you, and he will open your ears, that you may hear him. In that day you will see the GREAT mercy he has for you, and you TRULY will be happy.

I'll tell you what kind of answer I got from him when I cried and pleaded to know what truth was. I came to find out a whole new side to christianity and how it was formed, and how it formed the bible.

I'm with Gretchen, the apostate heatheness bastardette.......I see no mercy to those who show mercy. They suffer the same as the wicked. It doesn't seem Jesus has done anything for all the silentlambs who pleaded for justice. They still suffer. Millions who have cried out for mercy have been killed or maimed in some way either mentally or physically with no intervention from the bible god.

Gumby

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    I'm with Gretchen, the apostate heatheness bastardette.......

Thank you, thank you, thank you, ...........everyone has to be good at something.

• kes152
    kes152

Hello Gretchen,

Our Father said to his servant Moses, "I myself shall cause all my GOODNESS to pass before your face, and I will call upon the name of JaHVeH before you; and I will favor the one whom I may favor and I will show mercy to the one whom I may show mercy." (Exodus 33:19). He later continued saying, "JaHVeh, JaHVeH, a God MERCIFUL and GRACIOUS, slow to anger and abundant in loving kindness and TRUTH, PERSERVING loving kindness for the thousands, pardoning error and transgression and sin..." (Exodus 34:6, 7).

Everything that our Father did and made known in the 'former covenant' was all done out of love. He is love and all things he does are out of love. He gave his people, Israel, law, bread from heaven, and a promise to become his favored people out of all nations. He gave them law so that Israel would be 'protected' from THEMSELVES. Israel, like any other people, need instruction and discipline. They need this so that they can learn the ways of protection and safety so that they do nothing foolish or impulsive that could result in their death from the adversary. The Father made a 'covenant' with them that he would protect them from all their enemies and he himself would be with them. It was necessary for them to 'obey' the Law so that through the Law they would receive kindness from their neighbors and kindness from each other. If they were kind people, even to their enemies, then if anyone wished to harm them for 'no cause at all,' God would certainly fight for them (John 15:25; Genesis 22:17, 18).

Concerning the 'christians' you had experienced, our Lord said, "Be on the watch for false prophets that come to you in sheep's covering, but inside are ravenous wolves. By their fruits YOU will know them." (Matthew 7:15, 16). They are judgmental and gossiping because their father whom they serve is also that way. They wish to do the "desires" of their father. Our Father, however, is not that way. Neither is his Son whom he sent in his own name showed himself to be that way. There is a great distinction and a demarcation set between what is good and what is evil, between what is light and what is darkness. This 'enmity' was set by our Father so that 'good' can be plainly seen from what is bad, that we would not be misled and know the good from the bad and choose the good. Those who demand you to 'look a certain way' and label you abusively because you do not adhere to "their standards" are not sons of our Father. The only 'measuring line' we were to measure ourselves with is the Christ (Isaiah 28:17). We are not to measure "one another" towards the Christ, we are to meausre OURSELVES individually according to the Christ. Christ decides who stands before him, and who falls (Romans 14:4). As for us, we are only to love one another and take care of one another, just as Christ did with us when he was on earth (John 13:35).

To Gumby,

you said: "I see no mercy to those who show mercy. They suffer the same as the wicked. "

Please understand that what you 'see' is not what God sees. You can only see what appears to the eyes (1 Samuel 16:7). Those who you THINK are showing mercy because they make it "look like" they are showing mercy, could, in truth, not be showing mercy. They could be harboring resentment or hate in their hearts for the "actions" they do. Consequently, since they are no different than the "wicked," they suffer the same fate. It truly depends on what one's 'heart' is when they show mercy, .. if they are truly "merciful" ... "FULL of mercy." It depends on what one's motive of the heart is. We cannot see the motives of the heart. Therefore, we cannot say "the merciful" (those with hearts "FULL of mercy") do not get mercy.

Peace to you all,

Aaron

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gretchen:

My experience with christians has been the same, jugemental, gossiping, cliquish.

Gee, ta...
    It's always nice to be tarred with the old brush of generalisation.
    You mean you never had a good experience with any Christians?

And please protect me from your followers...

I can add my "Amen" to that, though.

LT of the "Christian" class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit