JW's hold Caucus on Sex Abuse

by DevonMcBride 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

NOW I'm angry!!! I looked over all the news services that carried the article---and see ZIP for the upstate area of NY, and if I'm not mistaken. I didn't see VT, CT, or Maine either. The only one from the northeast other than NYC---was in Worcester MA.

Previously, I had notified our three major channels in Syracuse---when the Silentlambs first was implemented, and the sex-abuse vs Priests cases were just coming out of the woodwork around here........and they just blew me off and never answered my emails to their reporters, email addresses were provided to the public FOR that express purpose! I never received any answer, or a "thanks for your interest" type of remarks....

A reporter came to the next town to me, to interview a molestation victim (by a priest) and I wrote to HER to ask if she would "look into" the many abuse cases by JWs, as they were also now being brought into public view, AND the pedophiles that are allowed to go from door-to-door (DATELINE) to preach in neighborhoods worldwide!! I figured THAT would get her attention. ..Nada.

I would write (email) letters to the Editor type info to local papers, but hubby is in retail and has lots of regular customers all over the area, and has asked me not to "make waves" so I have to go along with this. The printed "letters" to the papers MUST have a signed name and address (for verification and it must be shown in the paper), so it makes THIS avenue a dead end for me.

Sooo, back to my "anger"....I just don't understand (as I've mentioned to them by email) WHY certain newspapers don't "pick up on" such legitimate newswires as AP/UP etc....as the REST of the country does. WHY don't we see articles like this one in Rochester, Buffalo or Syracuse?

Trying to promote belief that there even IS a problem with JW/Pedophile problem falls on deaf ears around here, with the general public, especially when ALL these lawsuits against the WTS aren't ever published in upstate NY!

What gives?

Annie

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.snapnetwork.org/

Try looking and seeing if there is a SNAP group in your area. They are now working with SL in getting the word out. If you cannot find a group near you, type child abuse and the name of your city/town/county. Or call your local police to see what groups are in the area.

Blondie

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I am delighted to report that our local newspaper...The Central Wisconsin Sunday edition, which circulates not only in my hometown of Stevens Point but also other localities here in central Wisconsin...carried this article in the front section, pg. 9. Huge bold headlines and, to make things even better, right underneath was an article entitled "Russian Court Bars Religious Sect From Moscow". Yup...a double whammy!! Of course the remarks by the bottom feeder J.R. Brown were so typical of what the JW's use to try to maintain some sort of "damage control". Is there no end to their lies and deceptions??? Me thinks not.

But I was most happy to see these articles in our local newspaper. I hope it has an impact as our small town is mostly made up of the Catholic persuasion. I am sure that they are glad to read an article that brings out the criminal acts of another religion besides their own.

Cathy L.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Nothing like vaccinating a few million people here and a few million people there.

hawk

• Special K
    Special K

Wow..

This is just great.. FABULOUS!!!!

sincerely

Special K

• shiloh
    shiloh

I haven't been able to get to silentlambs since yesterday. Is it just me?

• sf
    sf

No shiloh, it is not just you. A few of us in yahoo are not gaining access to the site either.

Hope it is up soon, as it has been listed in countless news articles for the victims and survivors, to tell their story and receive vital information, audio and video news, and read others experiences.

Let's hope it has not been sabotaged.

sKally

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sure there has been unusually large traffic on SLs website which has led to is unavailability. I will try calling Bill to find out.

Blondie

• kls
    kls

This same article was in our Milwaukee/ Sentinal. It was great and my jw husband read it without even a flinch, no emotion, nothing. It was like it was just another article in the paper . It made me sick to see this robot do what he is programed to do.

• blondie
    blondie

I just remember that in abusive familes (or organizations) people cope by living in the Land of DeNial. Whether it is religious, sexual, or alcoholic abuse, the all retreat into denial.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit