JW's hold Caucus on Sex Abuse

by DevonMcBride 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• abbagail
  • abbagail
    abbagail

I goofed on that Pioneer Press news article link above:
    It should read: http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/nation/8293198.htm
    -------------------

Now to address our friend, JR:
    Quote:
    J. R. Brown, public affairs spokesman at world headquarters of the Witnesses' Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, in New York City, said the religion agrees with silentlambs' goal "to minimize or eliminate the sexual abuse of children," but disputes the group's specific allegations.

"We do not view them as our enemies," Brown said.

Oh really, now? This is a perfect example of the WT's 'whitewashed grave effect' in action... (ie, "make nice" with the media and the public, but stab in the back the JWs who took a stand regarding abuse.)

If the WT does not view Bill Bowen, Barbara Anderson, and later Joe Anderson, et al, as "enemies," then why, pray tell, were they df'd after the Dateline airing? Here's why/here's the "interpretation" for the unknowing media and public in general: They were df'd so that what they/silentlambs have to say would be 'discredited' in the eyes of JWs "in good standing," and the JWs would NOT be able to talk to them or 'believe' what silentlambs is saying since they were disfellowshipped.

What a total hypocrite that JR and his cronies are!

GRITS

PS: Congrats and good job to all attending the SL Summit! Hope everyone is having a great time!

• Scully
    Scully

Interesting that JR Brown decrees that

The Watchtower Society "agrees with silentlambs goals" and that "we do not view them as our enemies". Particularly when rank and file JWs are of the understanding that silentlambs is a "known Apostateā„¢ organization".

• Farkel
    Farkel

J.R Brown is a lying ***********:

: We do not view them as our enemies," Brown said.

Ask him why Bill Bowen was disfellowshiped, then.

All Bill Bowen did was bring up the issue of WTS cover-ups of child abuse. That was his ONLY crime.

J.R. Brown is a lying ************.

I already said that, didn't I?

Farkel

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

The AP article was also picked up by the Washington Post. It's on p. A9 of today's paper.

• Scully
    Scully

Farkel writes:

J.R. Brown is a lying ************.

Farkel, I know you and I share the same opinion of J.R. Brown. As a matter of fact, whenever I read John 8:44, it reminds me of him.

Love, Scully

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow... the Organizations wording is starting to chang! Instead of out-right denying that anything is wrong, they are now admitting that there is in fact a problem!

It looks like enough reporters have cornered them on specific points and exposed their lies!

So much for their saying that they do not change for anyone.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

BTTT

• blondie
    blondie

I attended this summit. Later tonight or I'll post my observations and experiences. I can hardly wait till next year. I enjoyed meeting with Sue Archibald, president of Link-Up and David Cerulli of SNAP. This problem of sexual abuse of children and the concealing for religious organizations is wide spread and pervasive. To join our resources, facilities, and experiences, will make us stronger and more effective in preventing, helping victims/survivors, and changing the laws in our respective areas.

Blondie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

The article was also in Sunday's Dallas Morning News, in the front section, page 8A. Great article!

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit