Whats been your greatest personal Struggle?

by ScoobySnax 49 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

And once again

good is repaid with evil.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Mulan

Bloody good job you're "perfectly normal" then!! LOL

I'm not sure if it is a personality disorder that older people go through. My nan moved in with my parents in 1997 after my grandad died as she said she couldn't cope anymore. She managed to get on a plane once a year and visit her daughters who had all emigrated to Australia though with no trouble. Whilst at home (she was my dads mother) she made my mums life hell in so many ways, almost to the point that it made my mum ill. It was almost like she reverted back to a childlike personality, I can't begin to go into the details, but it was very difficult for my mum and my parents marriage almost fell apart over it. I mean no disrespect to my nan, as I love her, but I saw what happened. She has since moved down to the west country in Devon with her daughter (my aunt) on her own initiative and the atmosphere at my parents home is so much better.

Well I guess that was my mums struggle! (note the link to this thread!)

Elderly parents can sometimes be difficult I imagine Mulan.

Scoob x

• dustyb
    dustyb

standing up for myself, educating myself on the way corporations (including the WTS work) and overcoming shyness. another big thing was coming as far as i have on my physical condition. my dad was "overweight", and i thought it was cool, so i was a fat kid. so it took me a long time to reverse that.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My greatest personal struggle was leaving the JWs. I believed it was the only way. I tried to be the good submissive elder's wife and mother. Living with my now-ex was pushing me to the brink of suicide and trying to leave pushed me to do things I would not normally dream of doing. Making the chouces I did cost me my family, my friends, my community and my religion. It wasn't until years later that I found out that it was all lies and was able to be free.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The complete and total mess-up of my entire family.

When I became a JW in 1972, my parents and only sister disowned me.

When I raised my five kids, I cheated them out of a normal childhood and all the things that will never be replaced.

My oldest son got baptized, and left in 1981---the year of the "don't associate with DFed ones" edict, so I didn't allow him in the house any more (and didn't visit him) and it almost killed him but I was SUCH a "loyal" JW and sucked it up. He now has three children who only know me as a witch and have never seen me face-to-face They live five minutes away from me in a very small town.

When I left after 30 years, one regular pioneer daughter stopped speaking to me (my other four kids had left the JWs by then) She got married the year after I left, I never got invited to the wedding. She married an Elder.She told everyone that she didn't invite me, because she didn't think I would come.

After leaving, I wrote long, apologetic and heartfelt letters to my parents my sister, and my oldest son for being selfish and getting involved in the JWs and took "all the blame" for the estrangment I had caused. I needed my family and didn't have one friend, being a JW all those years, I had left the "bad association" behind, JUST like the WTS wanted.

NO ONE acknowledged my letters OR my apology. My mother died two years ago hating me. I had seen her at a Family Reunion the year I left, I went up to both my parents and said hello--my mother said something snotty to me, and they both turned around and left me standing there like a fool.

The third year after I left the WTS, I decided to start celebrating the holidays---I was like a kid, buying decorations, baking cookies, etc--I decided to invite all my kids and grandkids, hoping to break the ice and put an end to this madness----NO ONE CAME.

When I had my stroke last August, two of my children came to the hospital. The Elder's-wife daughter came here unannounced, to our town in NY all the way from FL---three months AFTER the stroke---and my husband told her to get lost. She never acknowledged the phone calls from my son that notified her when I was taken to the hospital. Funny how all of a sudden I'm "okay" to associate with, huh? THAT even soured two of my kids that now speak to me and none of them have spoken to her since. They thought it was pretty low of her.

There's a whole lot more that I could fill you in on, but this should give you an idea of why I'm so bitter and why I hate the WTS so much. I wasn't kidding when I said they have really done a number on MY life and have permanently destroyed my family. It has torn up and shredded every corner of what "was" US...........

ALL because *I* found out what lying and despicable bastards they are......I have to believe that the WTS will PAY somehow for ALL the families like mine...

Annie

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

I go back and forth trying to deal with what I've been through... It's funny, because my first post on here was about being disfellowshipped for being a lesbian... and I don't really struggle much with that... after all, it was sort of no big deal to my non-jw family and such.. so i didn't lose blood relatives... but I lost all of my friends when I quit...

I miss them like crazy sometimes, but I don't you know? Like, I don't miss the Jw-isms, in fact I've forgotten most of them.. but I miss hanging out with them when they weren't so stick-up-their-ass-ish. Maybe I'll get to see them again sometime, I dunno.. .but Scoob, it's closure I want as well. LIke, I didn't get to really say "bye" to any of them. I left sooo fast because my stupid conscience turned me in. Arrrgh...

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I'm not sure if it is a personality disorder that older people go through.

It's not the older years though. She has been this way in all my memories.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I'm so sorry Annie.

All of what has been handed to you by a few selfish individuals is Unforgivable.

Try and draw some strength in knowing that there are many that do really care about you. I know it sounds like a cliche. but I mean it.

Scott

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

# Try and draw some strength in knowing that there are many that do really care about you. I know it sounds like a cliche. but I mean it. #

Scott...........

Thanks so much for such a sweet thought. You've got a loving heart and I appreciate you're saying that so much.

Hugs,

Annie

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Then you had a rougher time than my mother had for far longer Mulan.

Naru. I understand hon. "Left so fast" .....me too. The fasted fade you ever saw. I guess at least I see them at the Memorial.

LL.

Scoob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit