Whats been your greatest personal Struggle?

by ScoobySnax 49 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

LW

I think you mis-understood. I am a Nurse, thats the point I was trying to make. I have to use my abilities to understand people daily with all manner of problems. I never said you was. Maybe you see now what you said about "missing alot"

Take care

Scoob

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

My greatest personal struggle is seeing myself as a blessing to society and not a burden. I say "society" as my community and circle of friends. I have more baggage than anyone I know, so it takes it's toll on the self-esteem. I'm getting better. I can get angry now when I get screwed, which is a huge step for me. As a JW child I never realized how being angry was okay.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Mine has always been trying to reconcile being straight and being a JW.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Learning "how to pick up the pieces of my life" after the knowledge that for XX years I was in a cult.

I keep asking myself: What do I want to do with my life now?

Ditto what Codeblue said.. and add to it that because of it I lost my children (for a time at least) because of being a JW and them wanting no part of it.

I mean what child doesn't want their parent in their life.. not if they are LOVING and I was.. but they hated that cult so bad they refused to have anything do with me.. and I thought I was doing what was right to save their life by staying "IN".. so I gave up 10 yrs of my life with them... and since my oldest still hasn't forgiven me.. perhaps even longer

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Billygoat.....Sing it Sister! Sling a bag out for me too!

Six......I can imagine...you dawg.

• little witch
    little witch

Ah,

That wasn't clear.

You are a nurse? Didn't know that Scoob.

Can I have my cloth back please? My cheeks are red now. LOL

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

LW

LOL, s'okay! Its easy to not make yourself clear on a forum.

<<< Handing back a big wet sloppy flannel.!!

Scoob

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scooby,

As a JW, undoubtedly it was dealing with the families of those who killed themselves due to the shunning doctrine. Three times I knocked at doors opened by an anxious face and weeping children and said, " Can we to go inside and sit down, I have some very bad news and we need to share tears together". For this reason alone, I curse the GB and their few dozen managerial supporters, may life spit on their open wounds.

As an XJW, possibly the sense that the last chapter of my life may read "Fin" at the end of it, and actually mean it.

As for you Scooby, you have showed courage beyond the norm in facing your demons, grappling with them and surviving. I hope that one day you see through WTS doctrine completely and give their doctrines a taste of the shunning that *they* deserve.

Best regards - HS

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

H.S

I can't begin to understand that which you describe as I never came across anything like that. I can however feel your anger. I'm sorry.

Thanks for your kind words. They are indeed "demons" but I cant attribute them to the WT or any other thing, they are just a part of me, despite all the crap I think I've remained true to myself. At the end of the day I don't want to deflect blame on any thing other than what I am and what I stood for, even if I did get get a bit messed up along the way!

You say about the last chapter of your life being "Fin" I understand that too. Its not a bad closure you know.

Keep on.

Scoob

• Mulan
    Mulan

Mine has been that my mother has a personality disorder. She is very narcissistic, and some have said she has Borderline Personality Disorder. She has never been officially diagnosed, but we all know she has something different, that is difficult to deal with at times. In her very elderly years, she has become better, but occasionally it rears its ugly head. She is never wrong, always the victim, and has to be the center of attention.

My brother and I often discuss how it's a miracle we turned out okay. But...............he's kind of odd. I, of course, am completely normal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit